• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HELP-- Corpus or P'Cola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Gentlemen: I have to submit my preference for primary to our company aviation rep tomorrow and I am still between Corpus Cristy, TX and Pensacola, FL. I know a lot about both, but I am still undecided. Any suggestions? Can someone give me some fresh gouge on either? Thanx.
Lt Williamson, USMCR, "A" Co., TBS

Rainman

pilot
Hey stud.

I put Whiting down so I wouldn't have to move twice . . .lame reason ..but I had (have) lots of ****. Got a house between Whiting and Pensacola and the rest is history.

Whiting has an extra learning curve of course rules to master--but they really aren't too big of a deal.

CC has been doing dets to New Mexico to get some solid training done. That's kinda cool.

I don't think you can lose; but keep in mind you have to move down here anyways. . .

When do you guys finish TBS?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
June 13

You select yet, Josh?

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Jester

pilot
I requested Whiting because I don't feel like moving right away after I get down there. Plus I figure Florida will be a pretty cool place to stay for a while. Did you pick Corpus Dave? I just hope I don't get Vance.

14 weeks left
Pitzrick

FlyFast

Bobby, sent you an email. Whaz up man. Go to FL, Thats what I would do, always wnated to live in the deep south....Pat

Lt_SNA_USMC

That's June 12 there "Heir Bailey." (I think). I figure like 80% of us will be helos (given the ratio of helos to FW and the fact that there are 2 pilots for every 1 helo). So with those odds, I figure, why move twice? I'll probably end up in FL anyways for helos, and I'll have to learn the course and airspace rules there anyways. Flip side, the course and airspace in TX are a lot easier I hear. And Pitzrick, it's really like 12 weeks now--the last two weeks are all admin. Once we get to Memorial Day, we are basically done. That's just my optimisic way of looking at it. Everyone motivated for FFEX I ???? bbbbuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. . . . . . . Oooh Rah frost bite!!

Jester

pilot
I envy fox right about now. It's gotta feel good to be in their shoes. Although I heard they had s$%# load of injuries due to the snow.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Lt_SNA_USMC
Flip side, the course and airspace in TX are a lot easier I hear. .

Not to mention that TEXAS is an outstanding state. Who wouldn't want to be there?!?!?

Originally posted by Jester
Did you pick Corpus Dave?

Oh yeah! I can hang with another move. Two great things at the same time: Flying & TEXAS!!!

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
I had agood time during primary & intermediates in Corpus. The flying was great (except for the 30 kt winds), ant the course rules were easy, go to the beach and make a left or a right. Plus during intermediates you can take cross countries out to the west coast.

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Rainman

pilot
Intermediates @ Whiting .some studs go to West Coast. ..last month as far as Seattle.

It isn't 80% . It is no more than 60. . Lately, every Marine above 50 that wants jets has been getting them (making it more than 50%).

If anybody at TBS/API/MATSG pool needs a place to live (NASWF / NAS Pens) I'm moving out of a 4 BDRM i share with 3 other studs.

email me and I'll send you the details -- it's a fantastic deal. . .

Lt_SNA_USMC

Rainman--has the ratio really been 60/40 lately? Wow--I thought for sure it would be more like 80 20. But with odds like that. . . hmmmmm. Question. 1. do you think the future of Marine aviation is shaky (like 10-20 years away being largely absorbed by the Navy -- I read things and hear things that make me wonder)? and 2. Do you think the UAV will replace a lot of fixed wing assets we currently utilize? 3. Did you pick jets? 4. If you wash out of jets (advanced) what happens? They send you to the rotary side? Send you back to the ground side? And where in primary are you? FAM #?

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
lt_sna.. not to bust your balls.. but for as much as i've seen you post on here, you need to start paying closer attention to what people are saying. rainman, from the posts above, selected this past thurs.. and i think he edited part of a post that said he would be in mississippi...

and, where did you get 80%? did you really get the wheels in your head turning by figuring there's two pilots for every helo and there's also more helos so..... poof! 80%! amazing...

and who the hell knows what is going to happen to marine aviation in the next 20 years... rainman is in primary.. he's not freakin plato..

and, to answer the one non-retarded question out of five, if you attrite from any part of flight school you get a little bit of a choice in a ground mos. if at any time you dor, you can bet they'll shaft you with the worst possible choice...

e5b.. you know this guy? is he really this dingy?

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
splendid_splinter ... "not to bust your balls" but a good friend of mine attrited out of Primary at Corpus and is now working as a 3MAW Air Intel bubba ... actually, come to think about it, a couple months ago out here @ Miramar i ran across another Marine i knew while i was at VT-2 who attrited from there and was working out here as Air Intel. i also know of a couple buddies who attrited out of Advanced at K-Rock BEFORE they got to mid-stage of the TS syllabus & got sent to Helos; i know of several Marines who attrited AFTER mid-stage TS syllabus and got 'shafted' on MOS (one was allowed to stay at K-Rock and was awaiting his time to get out)

semper fi

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Of 4 Marines I know that have DOR'ed in the last couple of months, one is going Ground Suppo and another Adj. Can't say that those are prime picks for MOS's on the Fleet side, unless of course you're into that kind of thing (they weren't).

Status
Not open for further replies.