• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo wait

Azdevil78

Does anyone know what the current wait between primary and adv helos is right now? Last I heard it was about two months. Did the new fiscal year change anything or was this bad gouge in the first place?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Last I heard it was about a month...but the new fiscal year could shorten that even more...

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
I waited four weeks. Some Coast Guard guys were waiting longer. Marines seemed about the same wait as the Navy...then again as of today (Oct 1st) it may be a whole new ball game.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
It took me about a month to class up. That was in mid August. I'm still waiting for an on-wing though. I'm expecting it to speed up some with the new fiscal year. We've all been told to get ready to fly like crazy as of monday.

wrk

I'm in the middle of a 6 week wait, but I'm a slightly different case because I'm in the V-22 pipeline. I'd say a month would probably be a good estimate. Even after the fiscal year is over I'd imagine there'd still be a good wait. There was a good amount of time they weren't flying contacts because of the accidents so they're way behind from that.

Of course, the best way to find out would be to call TW-5 student control and ask.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
It took me about a month to class up. That was in mid August. I'm still waiting for an on-wing though. I'm expecting it to speed up some with the new fiscal year. We've all been told to get ready to fly like crazy as of monday.

You must be in HT-8, 18 is picking up onwings with less than a week wait...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Even after the fiscal year is over I'd imagine there'd still be a good wait. There was a good amount of time they weren't flying contacts because of the accidents so they're way behind from that.

Actually HT-18 is entirely caught up since then...and going near back to normal, with the new fiscal year I would imagine that there will be no wait once you pick up very soon...though possibly still a few weeks between primary and advanced...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
You must be in HT-8, 18 is picking up onwings with less than a week wait...

Yes I am in 8. We do seem to be taking longer. I have a friend who started a week after me in 18 and she is still waiting too. We both expect she'll be starting soon though.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Must be nice to have a wait. I had none at all; checked into TW-5 Tues, started class in 18 Friday.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I had about a month long wait and classed up with HT-8 in mid-August. It's been 3 weeks since I finished CPT-5 and I've been told it's going to be at least another week until I get an onwing and start flying.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I had about a month long wait and classed up with HT-8 in mid-August. It's been 3 weeks since I finished CPT-5 and I've been told it's going to be at least another week until I get an onwing and start flying.

For the HT18 side of the house...buddy of mine picked up about mid August and had about 4-5 days wait till FAM-0...another who is finishing CPTs this week was told to expect FAM-0 on the afternoon that he has CPT-5...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
...which is all the more time to get your preflight down and start learning checklilst challenge and response/normal procedures items.

Tons of fun.

wrk

Was on base today, didn't see too many 57s turning. What does "fly like crazy" mean? Once a day? Heh, welcome to the way everyone trains in Corpus.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Was on base today, didn't see too many 57s turning. What does "fly like crazy" mean? Once a day? Heh, welcome to the way everyone trains in Corpus.

You did more than just happen to drive by right? How about the fact that Santa Rosa was just about maxed out all morning...or maybe that for the first time since the long wait for B's the crew change was full and there was an extended wait for fuel?

Corpus has a slower pipeline for primary than North Field so I know they weren't flying everyday like you talk about. Because of the syllabus students on early flights can ONLY be flown single events per day______________________________________

UPDATE: _________________

Besides...part of the "flying like crazy" is the transition to a 6 day work week...which is what 18 did for several months this time last year and there are rumors that we should expect it again this year...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Corpus has a slower pipeline for primary than North Field so I know they weren't flying everyday like you talk about. Because of the syllabus students on early flights can ONLY be flown single events per day...BUT we (HT-18) also had instructors scheduled for 4 events today (another first since the big wait).

Wait - did you say IP's were doing 4 X's per day?