• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo EPs for FW Types

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Same-same. NFAMs were after TransFams (which I know they don't call that anymore). It wasn't an everyday thing. NFAMs were usually in the Charlie, but if skeds had a day fam IP w/ a bird, there was nothing wrong w/ doing a NFAM in the Bravo. VMC is VMC.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Same-same. NFAMs were after TransFams (which I know they don't call that anymore). It wasn't an everyday thing. NFAMs were usually in the Charlie, but if skeds had a day fam IP w/ a bird, there was nothing wrong w/ doing a NFAM in the Bravo. VMC is VMC.

Roger

Lawman

None
Every once in awhile I try and auto away from the ground, but it never seems to work out.

Just wanted to make sure you guys didnt do that gay "always terminate with power" crap that some helo pilots Ive talked to do.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Just wanted to make sure you guys didnt do that gay "always terminate with power" crap that some helo pilots Ive talked to do.

In the TH-57B we do full autos. We don't do them in the 57C or in any current fleet aircraft.

A full auto in a 60S is a prohibited manuever. I heard that they got someone to do full autos in a 60A during it's testing.

Lawman

None
In the TH-57B we do full autos. We don't do them in the 57C or in any current fleet aircraft.

A full auto in a 60S is a prohibited manuever. I heard that they got someone to do full autos in a 60A during it's testing.

Yeah we only get to do them in Primary. As our Flight Commander put so eliquently "you will never be as proffecient at Autos as you are during your Primary checkride."

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Disastrous outcomes in the 53 with a full practice auto to touchdown. 50' and 50kts is what we practice. We descend a like a metric butt ton.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None

We had a crew experience a dual eng flame out 2 years ago in an MH-60K and successfully auto'd onto a barn in TN which apparently "cushioned" the impact. No injuries though.

MR-

Lawman

None
Don't use up all your accumulated aviation credibility on one thread Grass Hopper...

Just dont wanna be the guy in my class who came with a commercial helo certificate and cant do an auto to save his life. For me the hardest part of learning an Auto was the whole decel, pitch, level, cushion part. Not doing an auto to the ground seems more about setting up your self to be able to sell your helicopters to somebody when your done with them than training good pilots prepaired to do them for real.

I think the craziest story Ive heard yet was the Apache that had a tail rotor come apart, take half the horizontal stab and still manage to do a run on landing that sheered off the gear and guns and used the rocket pods as outriggers. Both Crew survived with no injuries.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not doing an auto to the ground seems more about setting up your self to be able to sell your helicopters to somebody when your done with them than training good pilots prepaired to do them for real.

It has nothing to do w/ not being able to sell them and everything to do w/ being able to use them for another 12,000 hours.

Lawman

None
I will neither confirm or deny your accuracy on that point :icon_tong

Any news as to the Rumor about getting the Alpha/Charlie 58's back for BWS?

I saw one parked out by B Co. for whatever brigade just did their change of command.

Coota0

None
Some of the flights should be switched over to 58's by the time you get to BWS, all are supposed to be switched by October, my IP was freaking giddy over the "new" aircraft