• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo ditching procedure

Pags

N/A
pilot
The Foxtrot sim in Jax can do fixed-pitch tail rotor EP's now - very good training (most of the Navy 60 sims are really only simulating stuck pedal and you still have control mixing).

When I went through HSC-3 for my sims as a Cat I they put us into the 60F sim as a bonus. I remember that it did a good modeling several different TR failures and was good for being able to put what NATOPS says into practice. But the finer points were lost on a guy with 0 hours in model. It'd be nice to get into that sim again with a few more hours uner my belt.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Does anyone remember how high the collective is after an auto in the -58/B206? Will it be a problem for the left seat?

Late answer for you, but in the 57/206 (practically identical to the 67 and 2-blade 58) at the end of an auto the collective sticks up higher than your lap by a few to several inches- even the stubby left collective (without the head with switches for the starter, searchlight, etc.). I believe it could be a problem for the left seat in that it might not block underwater egress but it would probably snag your clothing or your gear.

JMHO, lots of 206 time, lots of practice autos, 0 ditches (heheh, knock on wood). Hope that helps...