• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Headsets

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
On the headsets used in the T-44/TC-12, do they use the standard 2-plug type? If so, anyone care if you use your own?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
44's use Dual plugs... we get issued David Clarks for our time here. Not 100% sure about the 12's, but I would think they do as well.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Uh, there are two plugs and they work- thats all that matters to me...

NavyLonghorn

JetJunkie said:
No experience yet, but, if I were to take a guess, I would imagine that they would use a single plug, most like the TP-101 and headsets with the higher MIL impedance.

http://nexinc.thomasnet.com/item/all-categories/telephone-plugs/tp-101?&seo=110

tp101.jpg

Anyone who's actually flown those aircraft, feel free to correct me.

Dude, why would you give a "guess"? How bout not passing gouge like that unless you have.. I dunno.. experience in the platforms?

Turns out your "guess" is wrong for both squadrons, good job.

The Headset in the C-12 as well as the T-44, is the same headset that would work in a 172, or Piper, just a standard civillian headset.

The squadrons issue sets that work just fine, if you want to use your own, noone would notice, or care.

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Aw, come on NavyVance, the guy is a "Professional Know It All Jackass," it's his sworn duty to impress and annoy others with his sheer amount of useless knowledge, no matter if it's wrong or right. :D

All kidding aside, thanks for the info.

NavyLonghorn

Aw, come on NavyVance, the guy is a "Professional Know It All Jackass," it's his sworn duty to impress and annoy others with his sheer amount of useless knowledge, no matter if it's wrong or right. :D

All kidding aside, thanks for the info.

If you do get your own, ask Val for a liplight to add to it, you will need it. (If you are in VT-35 atleast.)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ahh, the lip light. The jet guys talk about being a HUD cripple. Me? I'm a lip light cripple. When I wear an O2 mask at night, I'm asses and elbows w/ out my light. It was the only way I could read the AI and BDHI when on NVGs in the helo.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahh, the lip light. The jet guys talk about being a HUD cripple. Me? I'm a lip light cripple. When I wear an O2 mask at night, I'm asses and elbows w/ out my light. It was the only way I could read the AI and BDHI when on NVGs in the helo.

What kind of O2 system is in the helo? Portable bottles?

MasterBates

Ahh, the lip light. Why we do not have NVG compatible lighting in the 60 is beyond me.

Lip Light cripple here, as well. No O2 mask for me.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

A lip light is a bullseye during terf and HVBSS. You can see that damn thing so far away at night it's not even funny.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at his location and that may clue you in. :)

T-34 Land.

He could be flying TH-57s you smarta$$... but I appreciate the comment, good AW form :)

Yeah I forgot he was flying T-34s now... stupid me.

When are you wearing your O2 mask at night gator? I wore my O2 mask TWICE in the T-34... once for the smoke and fumes demo and once on a CCX where we went to FL220.

MasterBates

A lip light is a bullseye during terf and HVBSS. You can see that damn thing so far away at night it's not even funny.

Choices are, see AI and BDHI, or be seen. Not sure about the F/H but none of our instruments or gauges are NVG compatible, and we have to use lip lights to see. Shorter people can use the grimes light, but I always hit it with my goggles anytime I look to the side.