• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Headed to Dine-Out June 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tukka

Ripper Chic
I will be attending the DO on June 4th and will be flying in on Thursday the 3rd and out Sunday the 6th...
Just wondering if anyone is in my same position...where are you staying, when do you fly in, what class is your SO in, etc, etc, etc.
Also, what is everyone wearing? This seems to be the big debate for me!

kimberly

I will be finding out tomorrow when I talk to my SO whether or not I will be going... he's SNA and in the April 24th class. I'll post again tomorrow after I know for sure. I've checked flights and my plan was the same as yours (3rd through the 6th). Do you know where you are staying? I was thinking it would be nice to share a ride back with someone from the airport to the hotel if the timing worked out. Some company could be good so we're not spending all of Thursday evening alone THAT excited to see our SOs! : ) More info tomorrow....

Oh, and a black dress seems to be the safest bet so far!

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
I will be going to the Dining Out on the 4th as well but I will be driving in with my mom and 2 kids (they need to see their daddy and I will need a babysitter!) from Norfolk. Though we've been in the Navy for 13 years, this is all new to me. Any info that you may have on the occassion would be appreciated. Thanks.

tukka

Ripper Chic
Thirteen years is a long time! Way to go! It will be fun to get to meet all the people that we talk to back and forth on this website! How old are your kids? I bet they miss their daddy! What week are they in? 4 I am guessing? My CO is in the class right before them...he is in week 7 now! Needless to say, can't wait to see him!

I don't have tons of info. All that I know is the Dine Out is the night of the 4th and I am hoping that they get liberty for the majority of the weekend! I fly in on the 3rd and out the 6th...I would really like to get some time in with him during all that stay!

Are you guys moving down to Pensacola or are you in Norfolk for awhile! I am an Uncle there!

Hope that your travels are great! Only about 16 more days...but who is counting!

bg7

Tukka,
I Just Laughed As Soon As I Saw Your Post And That You Said 16 More Days. I Thought I Was The Only Crazy One Actually Marking The Days Off On My Calendar. Nice To Know Someone Else Is As Anxious As I Am To See Our Guys.

tukka

Ripper Chic
I have the days down to numbers! It gets me through each day, sadly enough...
How long have your been without your CO?

bg7

He Left At The End Of March. His Dad And Him Took A Road Trip On Their Way To Pensacola (we Are From Texas). So, It Has Officially Been 51 Days. He Is In The April 3 Class. I Thinks That Is The Same Class That Yours Is In If I'm Not Mistaken. They're Secured Now, So I'm Actually Getting To Talk To Him On Days Other Than Sunday Which Is Making It A Little Easier.

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
tukka
He is in week 4...the big inspection is tomorrow. Everyone is very busy and anxious about it.
Katie is 4 and Patrick is 6 going on 30! We all miss him desperately!
I am in the process of selling our house because I don't think we will be lucky enough to get stationed here again. I am moving, temporarily, to Ohio to spend time with my family until he is finished with Crypto school. If he gets the opportunity to go over seas, I think he will take them.
As far as the dining out, the menu is Prime Rib, Chicken Kiev or a Veggie Plate. The time is unknown right now to me anyway. It should be a great time! I believe that they get 48 hours of liberty for the weekend!!!

kimberly

I'm glad to hear you guys are all counting down the days too! I actually get a little thrill out of marking another day off on my calendar! It's getting so close though! I'm excited to meet all of you there!

Anyone else with OCs in 18-04 nervous about the RLP tomorrow??? Let's hope they pass and secure! Any chance if the don't pass that they won't be able to go to DO?

bg7

HEY,
WE'RE DOWN TO 15 MORE DAYS!!! :) My boyfriend has already been through his 4th week inspection. He passed, but barely. He's already starting to prepare for their 9th week inspection. His class wasn't secured at the time though because their average wasn't high enough, so don't get discouraged if your guys don't secure either. The majority of classes don't secure until around the 6th week (from what I've heard). I remember I was a nervous wreck too the night before, so I just prayed extra hard. Nothing else you can really do. But I'll pray for class 18-04 tonight. Good Luck! Let us know what happens.

tukka

Ripper Chic
bg7-
What class is your OC in? Sounds like 17-04 to me?
My OC didn't secure until just last week! (week 6) Sounds like a pretty common thing! But by that time, I don't think they know what to do with free time!
See you at the DO?

bg7

Tukka,
Yeah, he's in 17-04 too. They secured last week, but my OC still doesn't get liberty because he's on academic probation. He has to get a 92 on a test to get off, but he hasn't done it yet. Last week when the rest of the class got liberty for the weekend, he was stuck back at the batt by himself. Poor guy. But they have a couple of test next week so he's hoping to get the grade on one of those. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I hope you don't mind, but I told my boyfriend that I have been talking to people on here, and mentioned one of them that was in his class was getting married after graduation, and he seemed to think he maybe knew who your fiance was. Kinda cool right :)

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Kimberly - I've got a guy in 18-04. So excited to get a call from his CELL PHONE - and for more than ten minutes, too. And he gets to wear his contact lenses. It's a red-letter day.

Alyssa

Yahoo, only 11 more days! My hubby is in the 18-04. The class is secured, but he's on probation. Hopefully he'll get to go out soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.