• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Have a question for a USN fighter pilot?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ah, the Bunkster arriveth. Me guesses he may be indulging the Fighter Pilot's quest for attention soon enough if not already...

He just might or perhaps he didn't think he would get that much attention. A lot of dumb questions, like being at an airshow. I think he's done alright from what I've read.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
He just might or perhaps he didn't think he would get that much attention. A lot of dumb questions, like being at an airshow. I think he's done alright from what I've read.

Concur...He dropped a name for an IP (his onwing) that was in VT-27 during the period he said he was there. Hmmm look at that...I know him. I have a call into him so he can jump on this too.

Airshow type questions...he must have not done too many airshows or he would be sick of those type questions.

I invited him over for a look. He may already be here and we haven't connected the dots.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
???

Hmm, looks fishy to me, who call's it 'initial pilot training?' I've never met anyone who has . . .

That OP has a slight, but strange "odor"! If he is real, and his squadronmates read his post, he'd be hooted out of the ready room. Callsign JIHAD does not compute...:paperbag_
BzB

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I read through some of it... Dont know enough about the jet life to know if he is legit or not.... but definitely making himself out to be a tool.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Just finished reading the entire post over there, with a quick dinner break...heads spinnin', eyes are bleary,,,but I think he's real. One of our members here on AW has invited the group over there interested in USN Aviation career to come over here...he beat me to it!! LOL!!
G'nite...:sleep_125

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Says the sudent, non-winged aviator :confused:

By all means I am NOT trying to fit into shoes bigger than I can fill... I know full well my place in the Naval Aviation pecking order....

But from reading his posts, he sounds like a tool.... You can be a tool in any walk of life.... Actor, politician, computer programmer, naval aviator...

If that thread said "Ask a real race car driver" and he came off the same way I would say "That race car driver is making himself out to be a tool"... He may be legit, he may be a very nice guy... but he comes off a little douchey over the internet.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Since everyone seems so interested, I went over and took a look ... I'm not gonna' join as the guy apparently has 'built-in safeguards' to prevent anyone asking 'too much' ... and he doesn't like flying in the airlines, although he's absolutely clueless as to what the job & flying and the pay is like ... :)

>>>The guy seems like someone who is dying for attention<<<. I don't know whether or not he's the 'real-deal', but here's a couple of observations:

Question: How LSO 'certs' do you currently hold?? Answer: "I hold no "certs" right now. In a new squadron and haven't qualed up."

I've never -- ever -- heard any LSO speak of 'certs' ... it's always 'quals' or 'qualifications' or 'designation(s)' ... but 'certs' and the phrase 'qualed up' are totally foreign to me ... and I was an experienced LSO w/ lots of W/O's in my pickle.

The progression of 'quals'/'designations' of at least one guy I'm familiar w/:
Field qual/designation ...
Squadron qual/designation ...
Wing qual/designation ...
Training qual/designation ...
Staff qual/designation was next if I ... *check-check -- I mean he* ... had stayed in for the CAG tour for which orders had been proffered ... but I ** check-check -- I mean 'he'** opted for the airlines and the not-so-friendly skies ...

But as you can see ... not 'certs' or 'qual'in up' in the vernacular ... :)

"When I'm not flying I am running my division. I'm in charge of ~ 100 enlisted men and women that fix our jets."

As near as I can tell -- he's in an F'inA-18C squadron ??? And he's probably an LT -- and thus has a division (but a LT and still no LSO 'qual'in up' yet??? :)) ... BUT:

A ~ 100 man/woman enlisted division .. ???!!! 100 fuckin' E-men/(wo)men division in a Navy tactical squadron ... ??? !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The biggest seagoing carrier squadron I ever saw was @ 350-375 peeps -- mebbe 400 -- total. THERE OBVIOUSLY WERE NO 100 PEOPLE DIVISIONS RUN BY A FREAKIN' O-3 LT WHO THEREFORE WOULD HAVE BEEN 'running' VIRTUALLY 1/3 OF THE ENTIRE SQUADRON (??!!). I think not ... :)

The biggest divisions in terms of total #'s were probably the Line Division (@ 40 or so) and mebbe the Ordies w/ certainly no more total bodies than the Line shack. And this was in a 16 plane ATTACK 'Ron w/ around 370 people total ...

Sooooooooooo ... mebbe a current F'inA-18C squadron has more people than an A-6 squadron ??? I doubt it ... :)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
[/B]"When I'm not flying I am running my division. I'm in charge of ~ 100 enlisted men and women that fix our jets."

As near as I can tell -- he's in an F'inA-18C squadron ??? And he's probably an LT -- and thus has a division (but a LT and still no LSO 'qual'in up' yet??? :)) ... BUT:

A ~ 100 man/woman enlisted division .. ???!!! 100 fuckin' E-men/(wo)men division in a Navy tactical squadron ... ??? !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The biggest seagoing carrier squadron I ever saw was @ 350-375 peeps -- mebbe 400 -- total. THERE OBVIOUSLY WERE NO 100 PEOPLE DIVISIONS RUN BY A FREAKIN' O-3 LT WHO THEREFORE WOULD HAVE BEEN 'running' VIRTUALLY 1/3 OF THE ENTIRE SQUADRON (??!!). I think not ... :)

The biggest divisions in terms of total #'s were probably the Line Division (@ 40 or so) and mebbe the Ordies w/ certainly no more total bodies than the Line shack. And this was in a 16 plane ATTACK 'Ron w/ around 370 people total ...

Sooooooooooo ... mebbe a current F'inA-18C squadron has more people than an A-6 squadron ??? I doubt it ... :)

I think this embellishment would be easy to understand, if this guy is genuine. I'm sorry, but going on a poker board w/ an "ask a fighter pilot" thread begs of toolishness. I think he's just building his ego by twisting some numbers.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't know *enough* to know for sure, but the stuff he has said that I have experience with seems to check out. If he's a phony (and I think guys like A4s and such have a better phony-radar than I) he's a pretty good one. Agreed that it seems to be a bit of an "I love me" thread, but then again, what fighter pilot doesn't like talking about their job? "Son, don't ask a man if he is a (fighter) pilot. If he is, he'll let you know.....if he isn't, don't embarrass him" (bold added for realism) :)