• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone quit a job for OCS?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I raised $$ for a political think tank in DC after I graduated for 2 years before I got in to OCS.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A college degree doesn't guaruntee a "white-collar professional career type jobs." Most college degree holders are actually doing jobs that a high school dropout could perform and making about just as much.

Maybe your personal experience, not mine or most of the people I know though.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Remember our previous company mantra "We Run the Tightest Ship in the Shipping Business"? Well now its all about who can manufacture the best numbers on paper. Not the best sales performers- but the best perfomers on paper. Very sad to see it but it's a factual reality. Sad to see it evolve this way but so many of my customers are going via the same way. It's definitely a national trend.

Not to thread-jack, but where does the difference manifest itself?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
"Screw 'em...take the money and run".

My feeling on the situation...most companies have no problem letting you go when it benefits them...That being said, I gave mine 6 months notice so I could make some change training my replacement.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
If you can hack it, go jobless while waiting. You won't have a chance for bumming for a very long time after being accepted. I'm thoroughly enjoying my freedom since quitting in June. OCS is coming up quick, though!

If you can't hack it, wait tables/tend bar. Easy cash.