• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwnole

Hey slabman, a wider array to choose from only counts if YOU get to choose. Good luck on that one.

jw

aoconnor

Today I recieved my letter from Millington stating my selection to the Naval Flight Officer Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program.
I swear in on Thursday.

My recruiter also called to let me know. I can't tell you how excited I am to be accepted to this fine community.

After logging on everyday, again and again, reading posts similar to this I am going to do what I always enjoyed doing: reading about being selected, what happened, etc..
==============================================
OCT/NOV 01 Boone, NC while attending a community college (CCCTI) I contacted the USN asking about becoming an officer. No one would give me the time of day. Finally a Senior Chief had me meet with him at ASU to interview me and give me the rundown.

NOV-FEB 01 I took the test, didn't make aviation, so I decided to go for INTEL. So, I did the PRT (did crappy), got 12 LOR's from everyone from my past employers to my father in law, went to MEPS, filled out all paperwork, etc.

Unfortunately, once finished I was told sorry, you have to be at a 4 year school to apply. So my paper work sat on a desk until I started school here at UNC.

May 01 Chapel Hill, NC After starting school here at UNC, I tried to get my completed packet sent out, but was shot down again because now I needed to have 12hours of credits from UNC to apply.

AUG 2001 I finally got my 12 hours in, so I went to my recruiter all excited to get my packet sent out, but since it had sat for over 6 months I was told that it was too old and needed to make a new one. However, I was told that I could seek a NFO position. So that was the only choice I put down.

SEPT 2001 After contacting all my LOR's I had them rewrite their letters for me, signed new papers, and redid the PRT (better, 60,70,10:55, GPA: 3.75 28 yrs old, PWAD major), thus my packet was complete again. So, shortly thereafter it was sent out.

OCT 2001 wait...'no news is good news'

NOV 2001 wait...'no news is good news'

DEC 2001 wait...'no news is good news'

JAN 2002 wait...'no news is good news'

FEB 2002 Selected!!! whooHoo!! Drinks on me!
===============================================
I know how bad it is to wait, so I hope this post will at least cheer you up while you are waiting.

Just so you know, I have been taking NROTC courses here at UNC to prepare myself for OCS. Even though I didn't know I was going to be selected or not, I gambled because I am determined to be an NFO. I recommend them, by doing so I may be able help my OCS classmates on certain subjects. I have taken Naval Science, and Leadership. Now taking Engineering and Naval Operations (maneuvering boards, etc.). In addition, my instructors are: EA-6B NFO, S-3 NFO, and a SWO. All are very encouraging and supportive.

-Adam O'Connor
aoconnor@email.unc.edu

[excuse spelling errors due to excitement]

BYSun

Major Congrats Adam
party_125.gif
, I will take a scotch, single malt, neat.
tophat_125.gif
Also, I assume you meant that you got accepted in 2003 not 2002
magnify_125.gif
. It is exhilarating to "get the call" isn't it?
jump_125.gif
I know I was buzzing for a month.
smgreen_125.gif
When is you OCS date?

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

aoconnor

Thanx, how about a Montecristo w/ your scotch? Actually I prefer Punch or Uppman's.

Yeah you are correct, I won't got to OCS till 2004. I graduate this Fall, so I am guessing my OCS date will be in Jan.(hopefully)

Wed/Thurs I swear in, hopefully I will get my OCS date then as well.

Hudson

aoconnor,
Congradulations, I know how it is to get shot down and have to start all over again sucks at the time but worth it in the end.
Scott

eaw75

I received my letter from millington 3 weeks ago, but still haven't received orders from OCS. is it possible I might not get a slot?

aoconnor, nice job and best of luck.

Goliath112

hey congrats AOconner. That is awesome. man what a long wait huh? I hope I get picked up the 2nd time around. In the meantime I'll continue smoking cigars anyway.

p.s. Cognac is much better for cigars than the overated "Single Malts" lol. I smoke Punch and Hoyo EMS Double Maduro.

CARJAK

Aoconnar, I am looking at a Jan 04 date also. Keep in touch we just may end up in the same class. I was picked up my second time around also. So Congrats.

Brianlegg

Called Milington last week. No to NFO and SWO was closed. AMDO is my third choice. Word from the CM is they will board the end of the month.

Go Navy,

Brian

CARJAK

Brian don't give up. Determintation goes a long way with board members. If you don't get what you want, resubmit.
Carjak

Brianlegg

Thanks,
I intend to do just that. I'm sure eventually they will just select me to get them off their backs. Determination is half the battle on this playing field!

Go Navy,

Brian

CARJAK

aoconnor, I'm in Elpaso Texas. I will Grad in December and hopefully recieve order to OCS shortly there after. I have been told though that my date could be pushed back as late as March. It all depends on what the backup looks like at OCS after December. I am sure though that if we grad. at or around the same time, will probably be in the same class together. Where are you locasted and what is your designater. Peace out.

Hudson

Carjak,
Elpaso? I went through advanced school at Ft. Bliss. Can't say that I miss Elpaso or Bliss. The Mountains were cool the way they just stop. Highly dissapointed with the Rio Grand. Not very Grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.