• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utrico

Applying for OCS
I got word back. Accepted rio denied pilot. I am going to try the Marines cause it looks like my GPA was the only big thing that held me back. Got to get in shape though...

trclarkjr

Yea, I just got accepted as NFO, My age kept me from pilot. But for me any day with my feet in the clouds is better than on the ground.

CandKyMarine

utrico-
I have a couple of questions for you.
1. Do you have some preconceived notion that the Marines are a bunch of idiots? What makes you think that with lower grades you'll be accepted. In fact, the minimum ASTB scores for Marine pilot are higher than Navy. Also, this past board was the most selective, and GPA was a big factor.
2. What kind of shape are you in now? To be competitive for the board you'll need a 285-290 PFT (300 = 20 pullups, 100 crunches, 18 min 3-mil run). And that's just to get in... once you get there the PFT is the easiest physical activity you'll have.
3. You don't sound like you want to be a Marine officer. As a Marine pilot you will not spend all your time flying. You also still have to go to TBS and will have a B-Billet tour.
You attitude is unacceptable. Unlike the University of Texas being a backup for those who don't get into Texas A&M, Marine Corps Aviation is a step up, NOT a backup for Naval Aviation failures.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Candy,

Since it says starting member under your name I'm assuming u r new to the forum. Just an FYI (not bashing you or anything) but in the past on this forum there have been a lot of posts talking about how GPA is not as much of a factor with the Marines as it is with the Navy. That is probably why Utrico is saying what he is saying. Just trying to be informative.

Peace,

-Spin

CandKyMarine

Spin-

I am an infrequent lurker, and less frequent poster. But with some of the outlandishness that has been going on lately I have had to interject.
But maybe you can answer me this: Why is it that seemingly no one on this board as any grammatical skills or can copy my user name correctly? (Where are you seeing "Candy"?)

tdunn

CandKyMarine,
Chill out! This is just a forum expressing individual opinions and views. No one is trying to personally insult you. Goodness! Oh and by the way, notice the correct spelling of your user name.

Borncreole

CandKyMarine herby dubbed Candy.....All those in favor......All those opposed. I guess the I's have it. Here's to you Candy

Spin

SNA in Meridian
CandKyMarine,

Sorry about the typo .... I was at work and was in a rush. Either way ... I was just trying to shed some light on the topic at hand. I am assuming that your words of reproach were not aimed at me specifically but that many were making the same oversight and you were merely addressing it. As it is not easy to divulge emotion through text, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I cannot comment on anyone elses grammatical solecisms.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Thankyou ... thankyou ...... I'll be here all week folks, tickets are available but going fast (hehehe) :)

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
I just finished my test... I got the dadgum form 2 (supposedly the harder one), and got 55 OAR and 7/6/7. I'm going to apply for an FY '05 spot, and I think they begin looking at those in October of this year (so I guess there will be an "empty bucket of spots," so to speak). Anyone think I've got a shot at SNA? Graduated UNC-Chapel Hill with a 3.3, but I don't have a technical degree... just health policy (a lot of bio, stat, business mainly). Can anyone give me any insight as to how good my scores may be? I thought I could have done a lot better. At least I didn't get the boot like everyone else did (after the first two sections) who took the test with me. Hope everyone can do better than I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.