• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Birthday SWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
This has nothing to do with achieving those glistening wings of gold but many in this company have worn those wings either with one or two anchors or have served in the Corps or Navy.
June 18th is the Official Birthday of the Wealthiest and most profitable airline in the world, "Happy 32nd Birthday Southwest Airlines!"

Today the company announced that all 737-700's will be retrofited or accepted from Boeing with the new Winglets. If interested, here is a link for the picture:http://www.southwest.com/about_swa/press/0306_blended_winglets.html

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
This month is also my dad's 32nd year at SWA (he has a 2-digit employee number)...somehow that ugly red and gold paint job just feels like home...
-A

Ummm...yeah

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Frumby, any scraps left over for the world's largest airline? I think we could use them.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Even more so now that you have given us the greenlight to international jumpseat! Carnival in Rio!!

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

ghost_ttu

hmmmm my 5 digit employee # just doesn't seem so significant against someone that only has a 2 digit.....geez, I wonder how many of the originals are still around. I've only met a couple, Herb being one of them.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ghost,
Did I tell you that Herb pushed us back from the gate with the tug on Tuesday. After he unhooked and was pulling back, he flipped us the bird. Now how many people can say they have been flipped off by their chairman of the board? Frumby

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Frumby,
LtCol.....Wow, the Corps must be getting desparate.....Bwaaaaaa
icon_smile_wink.gif
Congrats on your recent promotion! Semper Fly!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

ghost_ttu

hahahahahaha, I'm not sure who got burned just then the USMC or Frumby....Hey Frumby, where is your camera when you need it? When Herb comes to push you off you snap that picture, and when he gives you the bird you DEFINATELY snap that picture!!!! On a side note, he is putting on a few pounds isn't he.

And for those that don't know, Herb is probably one of the coolest guys around, I don't care who you are, if Herb meets you once, he will remember your name and refer to you by name the next time he sees you.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
When I met Herb, he had on a freaky looking long haired wig, and was driving a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Evidently he likes to mess with the employees, too. I heard a story where he tried to put his carry-on bag into the small overhead compartment that has the oxygen bottle. One of the flight attendants informed him of his error. His joking reply:

"Do you know who I am? I'm Herb Kelleher!"

Her reply: "Glad to meet you, I'm Nancy Reagan. Now please move your bag, sir."

Ummm...yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.