• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Birthday Coast Guard

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I checked what would be the best gift....

I reviewed Ms. Manners book on correct anniversary gifts and the answer was:

For birthdays and anniversaries after 200 years, either a good microbrew or import is always appropriate. A bottle of Bombay Saphire wouldn't be snorted at, either.

(Miss Manner's Book of Esoteric Anniversary Bullsh1t, 2001)

As it is our 217th birthday (and we are the nation's oldest continuous seagoing service), I expect quite a few cases.

Thank you. Just drop it off on the porch, knock three times, and run.:tongue2_1

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
How about a bag of flaming dog poo? Ill be sure to knock 3 times and run though. :D

Happy Birthday Coast Gaurd. :)

GMan1976

Banned
Flaming Poo. I think I'll recommend that as someone's call sign one day (you know, when I'm like a Squadron CO or something! haha)... CLASSIC!

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Too bad you are not the oldest ocean going service.:D

If I was a 'shoe, I would be incensed, I tell ya! :)

You are right, we are not the oldest ocean going service, just the oldest continuous ocean going service.

In fact, (if I remember correctly) we were the countries only navy between 1790 and 1797 after the Continental Navy went away, and before the US Navy came into being (I await corrections). Sea lawyers in the USCG have come up with these differences to ensure we get to eat at the grownup's table every once in a while, not just the card table with the Merchant Mariners.

Pass the gravy, please.

And thanks to whomever left the 40oz of Old English on the front porch. It was a delicious way to celebrate.:tongue2_1