• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Handgun Possession

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Gun question time, I have searched the forums and googled but still can't seem to find a website that will give me a straight answer. I am a Florida resident and from my understanding , I cannot purchase a handgun or ammunition for a handgun until I am 21. However, I have seen nothing against possession of a handgun or anything of that kind. So does that mean that it is technically legal for me to purchase a handgun in another state and possess it in Florida? Any answers would be appreciated!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Possess, yes, but there are no states that allow FFL handgun sales to anyone under 21. Private party sales, that's another matter. Usually possession is 18, but purchase is 21.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Handgun purchases being 21+ I believe is Federal law. In some (many) states you can possess one if you're 18+. Receive one as a gift, etc. Don't do a straw purchases, BAD ju-ju.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
start working on a nice rifle and shotgun collection and by the time you could possible get what you want/need you're gonna be old enough to get a pistol