• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun recognition thread

T-man

Here it is... branching off from what turned out to be an aircraft recognition thread. Have at it. I'll start off with a gun I hope to inherit from my father some day.

976611966-1.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-man said:
Here it is... branching off from what turned out to be an aircraft recognition thread. Have at it. I'll start off with a gun I hope to inherit from my father some day.

976611966-1.jpg
Savage Model 99C ???

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Here's another easy one to get the ball rolling.
micro2.gif

Brah, no cheat dis time, ah. Bumbye you gon get one false crack.

Edit: Also, because I'm a moron, you have to squint and shake your head from side to side while looking at this.

B

Blutonski816

I'm gonna say that the one in the middle is Magnum Research BFR

T-man

A4sForever said:
Savage Model 99C ???

That would be correct. However, I'm not entirely sure that's exactly what my father has (but how can I expect you to know that? :)) I do know it's really damn close to that though... he has a Savage lever action 284 Win. Based on loocks, pretty sure it's a Model 99.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
I'm gonna say that the one in the middle is Magnum Research BFR

Yup, .500 S&W. Kick is not what I expected...a bit stout, but not that much more than a warmed up .44 load.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok sports fans, who knows their history.

Attachments

• seaside_1915.jpg
    seaside_1915.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 61

T-man

^without doing any research, that would be one of the first "shotguns" ever made wouldn't it?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-man said:
^without doing any research, that would be one of the first "shotguns" ever made wouldn't it?

No. Shotguns have a long history. This is more recent.

T-man

Fly Navy said:
No. Shotguns have a long history. This is more recent.

Had to hazard a guess, I vaguely recall seeing a setup like that on the history channel or something. Forget what the show was. Don't know what they're called but it's essentially a big cannon that was used in conjunction with decoys to hunt water fowl (mostly ducks if I remember?) before they were banned because you could kill so many in 1 shot.

Am I along the right lines? :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-man said:
Had to hazard a guess, I vaguely recall seing a setup like that on the history channel or something. Forget what the show was. Don't know what they're called but it's essentially a big cannon that was used in conjunction with decoys to hunt water fowl (mostly ducks if I remember?) before they were banned because you could kill so many in 1 shot.

Am I along the right lines? :)

Yup, exactly. But do you know the name? :icon_tong

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too keep it military related...

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 54