• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] Poll

Multiple Choice

• Don't own a firearm

Votes: 42 24.1%
  • Own a firearm

Votes: 118 67.8%
  • Have a CCW license

Votes: 40 23.0%

• Total voters

KBayDog

Blutonski816 said:
In response to those who talked about me being gun-less....

Yeah, I feel like a noob... but I'm still just a freshman... it won't be long until I have sufficient funds to purchase #1...
Plust I still got more than 3 years to go...

I just noticed where you go to school, so I can understand that the money you might spend on guns might be spent elsewhere. (If I lived there, I'd be broke...)

Still, seeing as every other episode of Cops is filmed in Vegas, you might want to speed up your defense acquisition process :D

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Kimber Ultra CDP .45
China Sport SKS 7.62
Mossberg Model 88 12ga
Henry lever action .22

Not a fancy colllection, but it covers all the bases except a good long gun.

Had (at times) CCW to carry in VA and GA. Need to pick up FL before I leave.

Next two guns ...

Remington 700 (700P in .300 Win Mag, probably)
Small .38/.357 revolver for carry (like the S&W 340PD, but open to discussion)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Springfield Armory XD in .45 ACP

This might be my next acquisition - I mean can you go wrong for $500?

ItsHere.gif

and they toss in quitre a bit of free gear..

Package.gif

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Buy the exact same thing in a Glock....

kidding, kidding, I've never shot an XD, but you all seem to love em and they seem to be getting quite the reputation.

Nice package it comes with, is that a holster too?? Maybe I'll have to check that out...

ChuckMK23

pilot
Hey Glocks are great too - the technology amazes me - all these weapons: Glock, HK, SA XD - They just keep getting better.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Hey Glocks are great too - the technology amazes me - all these weapons: Glock, HK, SA XD - They just keep getting better.

I know, I was just teasing since the Glock and XD are so similar (and different).

They really are just getting better and better. With polymer materials too, the prices can be kept low (Glock, XD, sigpro)... unless it's an HK.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Love the XD9 and XD40, and that surprised me, because I usually don't like polymer pistols as a rule...not a big fan of Glock, though I do respect their functionality, simplicity, and reliability.

If the XD45 shoots like the 9 and 40 do, I will be grabbing one of the 4" models of that puppy as well.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got lots of guns...live in MD so no chance for a CCW.

That gun shooting video was sick. Are there really rallies like that?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets see...
  • M1 Garand (x3)
  • M1903
  • M1 Carbine
  • K98k
  • G.43
  • AR-15
  • Savage 10
  • Rem 11-87
  • Marlin 881
  • Kimber TLE II
  • Glock 23
...and growing all the time.

ChuckMK23

pilot
Schnugg said:
Got lots of guns...live in MD so no chance for a CCW.

That gun shooting video was sick. Are there really rallies like that?

So there's Knobb Creek machine gun shoot in TN that's much of the same. I think there are a number in AZ too.

Can you imagine the ammo costs?

ChuckMK23

pilot
squeeze said:
Lets see...
  • M1 Garand (x3)
  • M1903
  • M1 Carbine
  • K98k
  • G.43
  • AR-15
  • Savage 10
  • Rem 11-87
  • Marlin 881
  • Kimber TLE II
  • Glock 23
...and growing all the time.

Oooh - how do you like your Kimber TLE II? I have a plain Custom 2 that was only $600 but now I'm thinking I'd like the frontstrap checkering, the tritium sights, and the ambi safety - so maybe I should have ponied up for the TLE?

How is it shooting and have you had to replace your recoil spring yet? All the new Kimbers are supposed to be coming in with the internal extractor fpor 2006. Also there is apparently a lot of dehorning on the 2006 models - after a few customer complaints.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok Squeeze, I can't be outdone:

AR-15 20" A2
AR-15 16" M-4
Czech CZ-52
Glock 23
M1 Garand
Mosin-Nagant 1891/30
Nagant 1895
Remington 870 Express
Ruger 10/22
Ruger GP-100 4"
SIG P226
Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec
AK-47
Yugo 24/47 Mauser
Yugo 59/66 SKS

I need a FAL, a snub-nose revolver, another 1911, another SIG, etc etc. :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Oooh - how do you like your Kimber TLE II? I have a plain Custom 2 that was only $600 but now I'm thinking I'd like the frontstrap checkering, the tritium sights, and the ambi safety - so maybe I should have ponied up for the TLE?

How is it shooting and have you had to replace your recoil spring yet? All the new Kimbers are supposed to be coming in with the internal extractor fpor 2006. Also there is apparently a lot of dehorning on the 2006 models - after a few customer complaints.

I like it quite a lot. But I'm a bit of a 1911 fanboy, if you will. The TLE II doesn't have the ambi-safety though; at least not mine. It's one of the things I've been planning on ordering for it, but I got to figure out what is involved in fitting a 1911 safety before buying one (you could always just add one to your Custom II). Mine has the external extractor, but I've never had a FTF/FTE since the first few mags. After a few hundred rounds, everything loosened up and it functions flawlessly. I've also polished the feed ramp, disconnector rail, chamber roof, and frame rails to aid in the feeding, but I haven't tried any hollowpoints in it yet. I've got a CTAC coming in the mail for it, so I'll probably try out some JHPs before using it.

Kimber, like Glock, has a lot of love/hate relationships. I'm perfectly happy with both of mine though. My next 1911 will probably be either an original GI one or something like a SA Milspec or RIA GI-clone.