• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] My First Weapon...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I've never owned a handgun before. The price was right on this one so I figured it wasn't a bad way to start. At Least the 9mm is cheaper to shoot. I'd appreciate any input from any of the gun fanatics around here.

Attachments

• uspc9_sli.jpg
    uspc9_sli.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 93

Lawman

None
You will not be disappointed. The USP is one of the finest built handguns out there. H&K is anal retentive when it comes to maintaining precision in their manufacturing process, as is the German way.

Trigger takes a little getting used to, especially if you come off of shooting something completely differnt like a Glock or an LEM trigger. But once you get used to that little bit of deadband its a sinch to teach yourself to shoot it accurately even under rapid fire conditions. I wouldnt put it up there with a match trigger or anything and if you've ever shot a USP tactical you'll know it could be better, but it is consistant and thats whats really important.

Only thing Ive ever not liked about my USP is the grip pattern. Its very abrasive on the hand after a lot of shooting. One way to fix this is the cheap wrap around rubberized grip, however I would never advise using this outside a range as it has a tendency to slide up and around changing the grip of the weapon and potentially making you unable to use the mag release (found the latter out in training with mine).

Have fun training with it.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
Great buy! The USP was my second "first" gun. I bought a Beretta 92FS while in middle school and sold it my junior year in college for a new HK 9mm full size.

Over 4k rounds through it and only three hang ups due to cheap ammo. The recoil management is great alowing engaging many targets very quickly. After I learned how to hold it like a 1911 with my thumb riding the slide release, I feel like this is MY gun and no one, regardless of experience level, could pick it up and shoot is as comfortably as me. Be sure to check out the online forums like hkpro.com. Any question you have can be answered by those guys.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
I haven't owned a gun myself, but the USP is among my favorite guns (though, as you can tell from my name, I'm probably a bit biased). I still have to take a glock to the range for comparison, but from what I have handled (wide variety of 9mm and 45ACP's, including beretta's, rugers, and several others) the USP was the most comfortable shot. I can't wait for the P3000 to hit the market.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Good stuff, there. Quality piece...I was torn between a USP and a SIG 226 when I bought my first pistol, and the SIG won primarily because I got it for cheaper. Put some lead through it!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good deal, congrats! Your first gun is always special... and never ever sell it. Go to www.natchezss.com for cheap 9mm ammo. I buy lots of CCI Blazer from there. Enjoy!