• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] 1911 Accessories

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Just bought a new Springfield 1911 MC Operator. Looking for a few complimentary items....

First... anyone know a place w/ a good deal on Wilson 47D magazines? Looking to get them down to about 20/mag.

Second... I need to find a new mainspring housing to get rid of the freakin' ILS that had to come installed. Hoping to find one with a magazine well or a mag well/lanyard loop combo. Price really isn't that much of an object here.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Just bought a new Springfield 1911 MC Operator. Looking for a few complimentary items....

First... anyone know a place w/ a good deal on Wilson 47D magazines? Looking to get them down to about 20/mag.

Second... I need to find a new mainspring housing to get rid of the freakin' ILS that had to come installed. Hoping to find one with a magazine well or a mag well/lanyard loop combo. Price really isn't that much of an object here.

I got my 47D's for $21/ea shipped from a guy on AR15.com. I hate that site, but that is by far, the best deal I've seen on them online or at shows/stores.

Kyle Blagg @ Ballistic Sounds
ballisticsounds@gmail.com
(706)534-2436 Phone
(706)413-1327 Fax

FYI on the Springfield ILS - it uses a special mainspring/hammer spring. Not sure if it can use a regular Colt mainspring if you swap out the backstrap or not. Also, if you want to a flat mainspring or add a mag well guid, you'll have to install a new hammer strut, as the ILS uses a different one. Look on Brownells or MidwayUSA for the parts, but read up before trying to convert it, just to make sure you get all the right parts.

edit: Good parts blowup and description if you get lost in the parts - http://www.tmpguns.ch/tmp12b/TMP12b.html

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
I had a Springfield Loaded, and replaced the ILS mainspring housing, mainspring cap, mainspring, and mainspring retainer (all 3 parts inside it) with a Smith and Alexander mag well/flat mainspring housing, plus standard mainspring cap, lighter mainspring, and mainspring retainer. The ILS mainspring cap and retainer are a bit bigger than standard ones, as I recall. I didn't have to replace the hammer strut, though. Once you replace the mainspring cap and mainspring retainer, the Springfield hammer strut will fit, in my experience.

I definitely suggest the Smith and Alexander magwell/mainspring housing, by the way. The best I've found for $70.