• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guardsman sue Army contractor

Kycntryboy

pilot
link I wanted to start a discussion about this, because it seems that we are becoming increasing more reliant on contractors, does this mean military members will be able/right to sue them if something gets jacked up.

NUFO06

None
I think this will make it easier for the soldiers to sue for compensation. There seems to be a strong link and a lot of evidence. There is a contractor in Iraq in trouble over faulty wiring and having several soldiers over a period of time get killed in the shower. Look what civilians have done to our hospitals and PSD. Another question is where is the QA military people who are with these contractors. At the cape every project had military officers assigned to do QA and we had required reports to write on the contractors all the time. When the Navy builds ships they work hand in hand with Surface guys who are there everyday overseeing the construction.

The real crazies are in Afghanistan where the UN is handing out millions in contracts and nobody QAs the projects. Bridges built in the last few years are collapsing becuase the international firms are keeping the money and doing less than shoddy work. The soldiers should sue the UN and the contractors, that would be awsome.

bob88899

I think what this boil’s down to is what the contract KBR signed entailed. What was KBR role at the site?.. it seems like it was to maintain/fix the oil site... The chemicals were present before they got their... KBR did notify the government 2 months later than they when they found the chemicals.. but the ARMY never notified the soldiers at the site about the chemicals.. So another 2 months went by and they saw KBR people in chemical suits... KBR eventually closed the site for cleanup.. but it sounds like a combination of KBR and the ARMY dropping the ball. I think its going to be hard to sue Govt Contractors unless they did something blatantly wrong/ didnt provide the services in their contract... not only because these are huge corporations with powerful attorneys... but also it will also potentially open the floodgates for similar types of cases. I don’t think these guys have a chance in court from what i read in the article (and i dont know anything else about the case)... but i definitely feel for them.