• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUARD to the US-Mexico Border ???

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You are cognizant of the fact that since 9/11 several tens of thousands of National Guardsmen have been stood up to augment both State and Federal security, right?

T

TXHusker05

The National Guard is the right unit for the job. Listening to El Presidente now, we'll see what he does.

Sidenote: I am a card carrying Republican who voted and supported Bush whole heartedly for two elections, but I am honestly sick of the guy now. Not for his politics or any of that stuff, but listening to him talk just hurts my brain... not the southern accent (I am a Texan too), just the fact that he sounds like the C student he is. I know he has speech writers and he is reading the prompts, but could he sound anymore like a Texas Robot?

Also, he knows that we already use infrared sensors, motion sensors and UAV's over the border right? 6,000 new Border Patrol agents will not help, it takes 27 weeks plus to train and deploy a new BP agent. 6,000 National Guardsmen will help but like I said, they can't do enough.

Birdman

Listening now as well. Don't we already have a catch and release program? It sounds like the National Guard aren't even going to be utilized effectively, and he still won't let that guest worker program crap die.

T

TXHusker05

No, he is saying that the current catch and release system is not effective and needs to be fixed. He is right there, the catch and release program is garbage... we catch them, we release them, they come back, we catch them, we release them and on and on until they don't get caught. The guest worker program is one of those good on paper but bad in real life programs.

Birdman

He said something about a detterent that the new idea to the catch and release program would have. Did he specifically say what this new program would be?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Birdman1 said:
He said something about a detterent that the new idea to the catch and release program would have. Did he specifically say what this new program would be?
Whatever it is, it isn't a guest worker program... and there won't be an amnesty program... and we sure as hell aren't militarizing the border.

No sir, nothing to see here, move along.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
what's the difference between the national guard patroling the borders and the naval reserve partroling American harbors and waterways?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Another well-thought-out program from DHS...

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=5616
Assistant Secretary of Homeland Defense Paul McHale said:
We don't know how many helicopters we're going to put up, but we know to a near certainty that we'll have helicopters deployed... We don't know where we will place censors[sic] to detect illegal movement, but it's almost a certainty that we will have censors[sic] in place to detect such movement....We don't know how many barriers or roads we're going to build, but clearly, we will be putting new barriers in place...
Pretty slippery language.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You know, it's really farking annoying when government documents have obvious misspellings.

When you are typing away on Airwarriors.com and make a mistake, no big deal.

But when you are recording something that is going to be on the DHS website, maybe it should look a little more intelligent.

WTF is a censor going to in the middle of the desert?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
WTF is a censor going to in the middle of the desert?

Maybe the "illegal movement" they're worried about has nothing to do with immigration. Then censors would be more apropos than sensors . . . :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Who cares? How can a foreign country file a greivance against the USA in our own courts?

You know, it's obvious many people want to leave Mexico and come to the USA. Yet Mexico doesn't seem to care. I wonder why.
This is analogous to a burglar suing his victim because he cut his hand while punching out a window to gain entry.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
This is analogous to a burglar suing his victim because he cut his hand while punching out a window to gain entry.

Brett

Ahh yes, my favorite shame of the US legal system. Terrible.