• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground Openings for 184

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvl_dog_2531

Anyone have any idea of Ground will be re-opened for OCC class 184 (Oct '03)?

I realize this is an Air forum but I am at a loss for info and you all seem a well informed bunch.

I'm a prior enlisted Marine but at 31 am perhaps a little long in the tooth for Air.

Thanks

hobbs77

I just heard on the 27th from a very reliable source that ground slots will open back up for 184.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

dvl_dog_2531

Hobbs77 or anyone else . . . any idea on the number of ground slots as a % of total?

Futher, any idea on the break-down of MOS's? (i.e. 18% 03XX, 10% 08XX, 9% 04XX, etc.)?

Many thanks.

Rayman

I don't think you are a long shot for an aviation slot for the Marines. You are a prior and that will help you get an age waiver. Now, if you can give them a flawless PFT, that would the bouy that will make your application afloat. If I were you, I WILL APPLY and see for yourself. Good luck.

perchul

184 is the begining of a new fiscal year so I'm as certain as I can be that there will be ground slots

Imation53

I will give you all a heads up. There will be a very limited number of ground slot for next years OCC (FY04). I would expect it to get better in FY 05. Good luck

dvl_dog_2531

Imation53, where did you get this info? I'm not doubting it, but we've been getting a lot of contradicting stories and I'd like to subjectively decide what to believe.

Thanks

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by dvl_dog_2531
Imation53, where did you get this info? I'm not doubting it, but we've been getting a lot of contradicting stories and I'd like to subjectively decide what to believe.

Thanks

No doubt... I don't know where it all comes from, but there is enough scuttlebutt around here you could practically drown in the stuff.

CINBENGALS

You will have a better chance at getting into OCC 184 if you take the air test and try and go in as a Air contract. Also dont think that just because you dont have 20/20 vision that you cant fly, You can go in as a Naval Flight Officer. You just can't be any worse than 20/400 and you must correct to 20/20 with glasses
jump_125.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.