• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great news for a Fighter Pilot Wannabe!

He'd just anthro-out of most stuff.

Maybe the sequel will involve Iceman as a highly decorated senior officer on FEP, getting lifestyle counseling from a nutritionist... Or maybe all that happened between the original movie and the sequel and he's a sim instructor in the sequel. Maybe Maverick and Iceman could be two of the "four horsemen" at NAS _____ :)

:confused: just out of curiosity does the "four horsemen" = Billy Bad Arse, or something else?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
:confused: just out of curiosity does the "four horsemen" = Billy Bad Arse, or something else?

Naval Aviation Dictionary - Four horsemen
-noun
Slang used by naval flight students in reference to the very most intimidating instructors.
Usage:
"Oh man, I'm on the schedule with one of the four horsemen tomorrow for my _____. Didn't he give _____ a down last week for doing ____ ?" "I heard he's always in a bad mood. You'd better study your _____. He likes to ask that."

I'd just about put money on it that the expression in naval flight training context is older than any living member of AW :)

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Never heard the term at Saufley, Whiting, or Corpus in '61/'62.
why.gif

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I hope that they don't FUBAR this one. Let's hope it joins the ranks of The Godfather II, Empire Strikes Back, and the some of the very few sequels that exceed the original movie.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/10/14/top-gun-2-tom-cruise/

But you forget that all the great movie "sequels" were actually part of a series of movies that were intended from day 1 to be part of a (mostly 3) film series. Godfather, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones (the 4th was the true sequel, and sucked), Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy, The Lord of the Rings movies... They were all really one long story.

This has a huge probability to suck.

Jim123

pilot
Never heard the term at Saufley, Whiting, or Corpus in '61/'62.
why.gif

Doh! :)

I first heard it at Whiting about ten years ago. Around the same time I found out that some of my Corpus primary friends had also used it. I assumed that since none of us were clever enough to coin the term, it must have been much, much older...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's at least a Whiting/Meridian thing. Didn't ever hear it in NFO land.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
That phrase is alive and well in Corpus. Although I've come to believe only a little of what studs say.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never heard the Four Horsemen term when in flight school or the fleet. 85-02.

Did hear it referring to certain math / physics /chemistry teachers for plebes at USNA circa 2004.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
fourhorsemenp.jpg

Never heard of 'the' 4 Horsemen outside the Book of Revelation and one or two movies, I think ... BUT:

I'd like to think I'm one of the 'Horsemen' ... (and I KNOW I am) ... but the only adjectives that I can positively say have EVER been attributed to me by NAVAIR and/or airline STUDs were:

The Hammer

The Enforcer

One-Way

The Truth

Just a mean ol' Ha'Ole Man ... :)

Jim123

pilot
Heh :) Well I guess once in a while something new does happen in the training command. You learn the strangest things around here...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
The Hammer

The Enforcer

One-Way

The Truth

Just a mean ol' Ha'Ole Man ... :)

I think I wouldn't have been as scared of The Hammer, The Enforcer, One-Way, or The Truth as I would have realized those were all just lables albeit good ones. However, I would have been SHI#&*#$ my pants if I had "A MEAN OL' HA'OLE MAN" giving me a check ride! ;)... Those are the flights you go home afterwards and hopefully you have a caring/understanding woman to take care of you afterwards as you need to re-establish your manhood!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
One-way is pretty clever.....never let stupid SNA/CONE questions interfere with true learning! We tend to mumble mindlessly anyway :)

As for the 4 horsemen, heard it in Corpus and Meridian. In hindsight, completely inaccurate in Corpus, and maybe half true in Meridian. As for Krock, I've never been, but I heard their sim guys were too busy coddling them and building up their self esteem to warrant such monikers