• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great news for a Fighter Pilot Wannabe!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
There is a TOP GUN sequel in the WORKS!

http://www.thirdage.com/news/top-gun-sequel-works-cruise-play-minor-role_10-15-2010

Hopefully you will watch this movie and realize that you want to become a Fighter Pilot. You will then be able to come on this site and ask what is my chances for becoming a Figter Pilot. Good Luck to all!

I guess the sarcasm isn’t a big hit?
I am curious as to how it will turn out if this actually happens. Do you think more or less volleyball? ;)

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Great Laugh! That was pretty good... :)

My only problem is I didn't see them point out the fashionable polo shirts under the flight suits! I guess we call that metro-sexual now. ;)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I think the idea of a Top Gun sequel has been floating around for a couple of years now. I would love to see a sequel. Despite the laughable inaccuracies, I probably wouldn't have had an interest in aviation at such a young age if it weren't for this movie. This was the first movie I saw in the theatre, so my mother tells me. From then on, I didn't want to do anything more than be a pilot. Here I sit with my commercial pilot certificate, and now I've been told the Navy's going to give me the opportunity to become a Naval Aviator. A new movie to inspire a new generation sounds like a great idea. Besides, it can't be any worse than THIS (Click me for link!)

CAMike

None
Contributor
Seriously! Can you image the Cringe Factor for all the 0-4's that are currently IP's?

I realize Tom's likely to have only a small role as an IP but this proposed sequel is not going to have anywhere near the success level as the original movie. That said, if they included say a dozen students from the original Fleeggard euro TV ad in this movie, say as a special nugget class. That would be a completely different level of cinema I might be interested in. Minus Tom Cruise of course unless he plays the role of a midget IP.

http://www.m2film.dk/fleggaard/trailer2.swf

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Not according to these two pics! ;)

He'd just anthro-out of most stuff.

Maybe the sequel will involve Iceman as a highly decorated senior officer on FEP, getting lifestyle counseling from a nutritionist... Or maybe all that happened between the original movie and the sequel and he's a sim instructor in the sequel. Maybe Maverick and Iceman could be two of the "four horsemen" at NAS _____ :)