• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great Carribean landing video

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I couldn't figure out where the guy was going to land. I thought he was going to crash or something.....actually, both of them. Good videos.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Nice post, kind of reminds me of this video (sorry if it is a repost):

Impressive as all hell. I wonder how (where) they take off? Seems like it would be a bitch to get a ground roll going on that gravel and reach takeoff speed.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A lot of those planes have enough thrust for their weight that they can almost "rotate" (or whatever it's called in a tail-dragger) at a near standstill at full power. At the airport that I used to fly at the banner towers had Lycoming O-300s, which is a 150 HP engine. They could get their tail up in about 10 feet.

My favorite was always the Helio-courrier/Pilatus. Those things could lift a refrigerator in 100 feet...or so it seemed, at least. Helps to have a PT-6 on the front, though.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
30" tundra tires and 180hp+ on the front of a super cub which normally has extended wings/vortex generators, a 84" climb prop, 1 notch of flaps you can be airborne in <75', a maule... can start in a hanger and be airborne by the door according to their old advertisement...