• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduated!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9660

Thanks for clearing that up MichaelW, it helped a lot; one last question if you get a chance to post- I'm going down to Camp Pendleton next week- how many extras of each item (skivvy shorts, shirts, etc) should I get while I'm there, in other words, what came as a shortage? Anything else I should pick up there? Thanks.

motv8r

Where do I sign up?
green silkys are your best friend. you will lose everything. make sure you buy at least 8 pairs of those bad boys. at the end of OCS bulldog i ended up with just about everyone else's shirts, socks and silkys. thorlos are a good investment, expensive, and make sure you keep your eyes on them. they tend to walk away if you are not careful.

Tiffak

Michael W- How ya doin?! Congrats on graduating Lt!! Talked to Braddy awhile ago...she said all of 'us' out of Capt Humble's office made it (well, excluding myself and the runaway) lol

Shadow- My advice: if you're bringing your car, go ahead and grab an extra pack of PT shirts, a couple of pairs of PT shorts and some an extra pair of socks and leave them in the trunk of your car. If you're not driving, don't worry about it. You can buy more on liberty. When you dump your trash onto the parade deck for contraband inspection, most of your gear is going to get mixed in with the candidates next to you. Part of the game is to see how you guys react to it two or three days later when you still don't have all your trash back and you haven't had time to 'inventory' it.

reapergm

p1nky1298 said:
I have to agree with riley mcconnell there. Reaper was by far the weakest link in second squad! Atleast in the classroom that is. You better be catching up on all that sleep there! Hope all is well and ya'll are enjoying your time off. I myself am enjoying this beautiful Miami weather and am not looking forward to getting back to the cold. But I do look forward to getting back into the thick of things with you guys. Take care and see you in a few weeks..

HOLY!! IS THIS LT. J?!?!!? Whats up man!?!!? Whatever airwarriors, dont listen to all them, I was always on point in the classroom.. theyre just messing around.. :)sleep_125 ). I hate you and MIAMI!! NY is COLD!!! But atleast here I can have 50 layers!!

Tiffak - Im guessing you're first.. who are you?

horned frog

Makoslim's right, there are 4 of us from the Dallas OSO going to 188. We took our pre-ship PFT this morning and froze in the upper 20's. I think I'm going to sleep outside in my underwear for the next month to prepare. What can I say, it's all I can think of right now!

Shadow9660

1.) thanks MichaelW for the gear advice, its making more sense now

2.) Horned frog and all you other 188'rs, what were your pre ship PFT's? Mine was 285. Just curious.

Tiffak

reapergm said:
Tiffak - Im guessing you're first.. who are you?

Williams here....got my knee propped up and drowning my sorrows in holiday cheer.

Being that I'm too lazy to go back and check old posts...reaper, who are you?

horned frog

My pre-ship was a 282, down from a 287. I was pissed b/c I lost 1 pullup and my run time did not improve. Any tips on how to shave a few seconds off my run time before 16 Jan?

Shadow9660

Horned Frog Even with a 282....i dont see a problem with your run time.... a candidate shipping out with me that took the pre ship pft out of my office scored a 240 something (23 something run), and the Capt said he'd be o.k...i was kinda surprised because I'm running a 20:30 and thought I was on the slow side....its all relative I guess....

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Tiffak...reaper was my training buddy in NY before we even went down VA. I've never seen a grown man cry so hard as the day I took away his oreos and made him run hills in the bronx. hehe, he's gonna punch me pretty hard for that one...

horned frog

Shadow, thanks I feel a little better. It's just that I had been working out pretty hard and was expecting to see some improvement.

Shadow9660

Horned, yeah I've improved from a 24 something run to a 20 run in a couple months, but my dad (Ret. MSgt) said that once you go below 20 minutes, it gets increasingly difficult to break those seconds down, and I didn't realize it until I got there. But yeah, we're in the same boat, just keep workin' on it...plus from most the posts on here/ advice I've got...your run time improves by at least a minute at the end of OCS...good luck!

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
To hell with Reaper being the worst guy in second squad, that title goes to our trusty layreader. How did that go, the wind blows freely where it wants to?

reapergm

Arc Angel said:
To hell with Reaper being the worst guy in second squad, that title goes to our trusty layreader. How did that go, the wind blows freely where it wants to?

LOL!!!! :D "Id like to thank the Lord... b/c the lord is like wind... and wind is everywhere.. its blowing on us now.. just like the Lord.. I love the Lord... Amen". He was just saying I was the worst about falling asleep!

Tiffak - I guess Im not supposed to type my last name on this b/c they'll erase it.. but it starts with an M and is the same name as the right cops read to people getting arrested. I was in C4. You might have seen me falling asleep in class! Are you nursing a knee injury? Still trying to kick my Achilles Tendonitis!

Wildflying - Whatever.. still out run your arse everytime ;) !!!

Tiffak

Wildflyin69- LOL Yeah, but I bet those oreos tasted like heaven during liberty. The girl from my area had to beat me with a stick up until our pre-ship PFT. <eg>

Reaper- <g> I think I know who you are now. It always freaked me out that everyone knew who was who in first (including the stinkin staff) and we didn't have a clue.

I blew out my knee in the 5th week, was NPQ'd midway through week 7. Holy Lord, they could pick any candidate, give 'em an MRI on a foot and the damn thing would light up like a Christmas tree. Everytime a female walked in to medical, all of us LD's would tell them to cut off their foot first before getting an MRI. Some listened, some didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.