• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduated!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Glen said:
What will you say was your toughest challenge of all in OCS?

SLEEP!!! STAYING AWAKE!!! I was the worst. Everyone in my platoon busted my chops b/c I fell asleep at EVERY class. You're just always tired at OCS, so staying awake is a challenge.

Greaper- At In-proc, some kids had injuries... broken bones, tendonitis, back or knee trouble.. etc. They didnt get to stay. PFT.. some kids failed the initial PFT. You need a 225, if you cant handle that.. NO WAY will you handle the training. If you fail that you have to go in front of the Col and he decides to keep you or not. One kid in my platoon failed the initial but got to stay b/c he was sick. He only got a 223. He graduated with a 291.

KBayDog

Congratulations, Reaper (and everyone else, of course)...it's a hell of a feeling, huh?

When do you check in to the Hotel Barrett?

Just trying to get a few Airwarriors guys together for a beer or two before I head down to Pepsicola. (I detach on 21 Jan.)

Glen

Congrats Reapergm. Are you a ground applicant or air? And if so, what will you do on the ground side?

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Man Glen..it's really weird seeing somebody have a screenname with my first name :) anyway, Lucky's right. We in 3rd platoon couldn't drill, and got our butts kicked in a lot of stuff, but we dominated tug of war, and DAMN if we can't carry a log!! TO THE TREES!!!

Glen

Damn man. Hey sorry for using your first name man, but my first name is GLEN too. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riley

I just have to agree with reaper that he was the worst - that dude would fall asleep 20 times while the Col. was talking to us - and it was only a 5 min. speech.

If I had a penny for evertime someone fell asleep....

You know it is bad when you are nodding off during the 12 mile hump before SULE 2

reapergm

Whatever.. the Col was falling asleep during the commissioning ceremony... An eye for an eye..

And McConnell.. suck it... I might have fallen asleep.. but you just fell. Fell during EVERYTHING... walking to the head.. fell.. walking to the PT field.. fell.. for a run.. fell... Lt. McConnell has a bit of a balance problem!! HAHA! :p :D

trongod46

pilot
so know that alot of you are posting, congrats, any last tips for us going in Jan. besides its going to be cold, any details about the training, how far formation runs are, individual runs etc. time limits?>

Shadow9660

thanks for the info Michael,
Also, a little off topic, regarding marking your clothes- the clothes I mark before I go, (i.e. thorlo socks, boots, etc)- what is the procedure for marking those- just take a sharpie and write my last name? Also how exactly does it work with the stenciling once your there; what is used to fill in the stencil. Thanks.

p1nky1298

Death Dealers
What's going on there lieutenadates!

I have to agree with riley mcconnell there. Reaper was by far the weakest link in second squad! Atleast in the classroom that is. You better be catching up on all that sleep there! Hope all is well and ya'll are enjoying your time off. I myself am enjoying this beautiful Miami weather and am not looking forward to getting back to the cold. But I do look forward to getting back into the thick of things with you guys. Take care and see you in a few weeks.

As for you 188 guys all I have to say is this: Man am I glad I'm not going in January. I hope you're used to the cold weather cause that is going to be by far the most difficult obstacle you will face. Other than that, try to enjoy it cause it will be an experience you will never forget. And Beware of Staff Sgt. Wright.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
p1nky1298 said:
As for you 188 guys all I have to say is this: Man am I glad I'm not going in January. I hope you're used to the cold weather cause that is going to be by far the most difficult obstacle you will face. Other than that, try to enjoy it cause it will be an experience you will never forget. And Beware of Staff Sgt. Wright.

thanks for the warning about ssgt Wright p1nky, as for the cold weather, Im set living in MT, the weather will be nicer there than here. I feel for the guys like HornedFrog who are coming from TX though.

Status
Not open for further replies.