• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Graduated!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky1899

its all over!!!! Got commissioned yesterday. needless to say, Im pretty damn excited right now. Just wanted to get on here and let everyone know that Im open to any questions, I have plenty of advice to give if anyone wants it.

muc1

He congratulations!

I was wondering if you could clear up the ‘bucket leave’ question (different thread) between OCS and TBS. When are you allowed to leave and when do you need to return.

What was your BDR like. How much sleep time did you get (6-7 hours a night)?

Good luck at TBS!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
hey Lucky what Platoon were you in? I was in 3rd..don't it feel good to have them bars on? :) that place won't let go of me though..need to drive back on weds to pick up PTAD orders...

lucky1899

Ocs

as far as leave, you are allowed to go up to 15 days "in the hole", which means negative leave balance, and you accrue 8 days while at OCS, so you can take a maximum of 23 days after OCS, which of course most guys do. The basket leave option was eliminated pretty recently I think. Sleep- dont plan on more than about 5 hours a night. ESPECIALLY in the first few weeks. I remember the first couple weeks getting like 3 hours a night, and just being dead tired all the time. Towards the middle and end of the cycle, you get more sleep though. honestly, lack of sleep wont be too much of a problem. you stay so busy, the only time you actually notice how tired you are is during classes. classroom 3 was ridiculous for staying awake, all you 2nd LT's out there know exactly what Im talking about.

Also, I was in 3rd platoon. we couldnt drill worth ****, got our asses handed to us in pugil sticks, but we DOMINATED tug of war.

reapergm

Yeah, the sleep is no joke. I have fallen asleep in class, outside, writing notes, in mid conversation, standing, and marching. Its insane, but you just get used to being tired ALL the time!!

Yeah, 4th platoon dominated the PT events. Pugil stick champs, should have won the log race (ripped on that by nasty 3rd ;-) ), and DOMINATED the field day (Won 5 out of 7 or so). But yeah, 3rd tore us up on the tug of war.

Whats your last name Lucky? Anyone else back?

Whalebite

Hogs from Hell!! Yea 4th! I'll be at TBS this week before I take leave see you all there! It was good to put screen names with faces. It was a tough 10 weeks, I'm glad that part is finished.

trongod46

pilot
hey lucky are you back in cali, going out monday with the capt. if so ill see you there, i got selected to go in for 188.

Glen

For you graduates out there, what was the drop rate? How many prior enlisted guys were in your class and how many got dropped?

reapergm

I think 320 or something showed up... 23 knocked out at inprocessing for medical or pft reasons. 297 started training, 223 graduated. In my platoon there were 20+ priors (about 1/3rd). They all graduated. I think the only priors who got dropped were due to injuries early on in the training.

schmied

OCS 188 Air
Now I'm all freaked out about the injury thing. How does it really look with getting hurt? Do I have to be a dumb a$$ and fall off an obsticle to get hurt, or is it fairly easy to get hurt (stress fractures, etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.