• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Government Shutdown - Take action for or against saluting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm going to chalk this up to a major difference in communities. I see a whole lot of helo and P-3 folks disagreeing and all the tacair/VFA folk agreeing with the basic sentiments I have said (aside from being a clown and being a jerk in public). Well, with exception of R1. Maybe our world has changed since you were in, but you also left as an O-6 IIRC so any JO would be insane not to salute you. FWIW. I know talking to helo JO friends of mine, I have been shocked to hear that they called DH's by terms such as "boss" or "sir". That wouldn't in a million years happen in VFA. It isn't a sign of disrespect, just a complete difference in what is "normal".

P3 F0

None
In my defense, the reason I started the thread jack had nothing to do with community values or etiquette ethos (not sure what else to call all of this 'whether to salute in x conditions or not' talk). I keyed off this line from MIDNJAC: "No, but I did just turn around and walk away while she stood at attention waiting for my salute. Probably not the right response but whatever."

For those who think I came off as some sort of hard-ass P3 hinge, you are wrong. Period.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Agreed. I have nothing left to add to this discussion. Not that I added anything worthwile in the first place :)

Sorry for the derail gents.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I stopped going to the commissary when some shoe O-4 in blueberries attacked me in the parking lot for not saluting her when she popped out from between cars in a pitch black parking lot. Not that I went there much anyway, but seriously......
You'll do anything for attention ;)

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
This saluting Nazi philosophy will prepare you guys very well for the ever-present "hat Nazis" you run into with a few Chief pilots in the airline business. Just having this discussion here speaks volumes of how much things have changed since I was on active-duty. And, even more so since I grew-up as the son of a USAF officer that served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. No wonder this country is becoming culturally and morally bankrupt. I was always told the military represents a microcosm of our society. If this is true, we're truly fucked based on some of the nonsense I read here from people that are commissioned officers.

croakerfish

pilot
1338591d1389221625-wruw-wed-thread_necromancy.jpg

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
This saluting Nazi philosophy will prepare you guys very well for the ever-present "hat Nazis" you run into with a few Chief pilots in the airline business. Just having this discussion here speaks volumes of how much things have changed since I was on active-duty. And, even more so since I grew-up as the son of a USAF officer that served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. No wonder this country is becoming culturally and morally bankrupt. I was always told the military represents a microcosm of our society. If this is true, we're truly fucked based on some of the nonsense I read here from people that are commissioned officers.

I don't even know what this thread is about, all I have to say is shut the fuck up grandpa. If anyone wants to hear about how every generation except theirs sucks they can turn on Fox News.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.