• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge on NAS Oceana

exo

Finishing up in Meridian soon and looking to ship to Oceana. Anyona have any gouge on what parts of the town are good for living so I can start planning some house hunting leave? Just looking for a one bedroom or studio, somewhere around night life. Heard of Chick's Beach, and of VA beach proper, any advice?

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Just left living at the Oceanfront. Pretty good place. The closer to the beach you are the more expensive. In about a month it's gonna be getting pretty crazy down there and pretty crowded. Chix beach is good too, and both locations are not a long drive to work.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I am fairly sure you have some IP's in Meridian that have this info. Just ask.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Chick's beach along shore drive is nice. You can live across the street from the beach without it costing an arm and a leg. It's also got a more local flavor as the tourists are all down at the Oceanfront. There are a lot of good restaurants/bars in the area. I'm renting a condo from a former military couple that I found on craigslist. I'd recommend searching "Chick's beach shore drive" to get a lot of good rentals to pop up.

MasterBates

If I was a single JO at Oceana, Chix Beach would be the way to go.

I live on Willoughby Spit, but it's close to NS Norfolk (I'm a HummerClown) and 26 miles or so to Oceana

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Master: Thought you'd enjoy this.

manateetshirt.jpg

...and here's the link if you want to buy it.

http://www.despair.com/manatee.html