• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge on certified DD-214

snake020

Contributor
Almost lost my DD-214 and am looking for gouge on how to get certified copies made for backup. Read somewhere that one way is to register it with the county courthouse, but there's other gouge out there saying this is may be a bad idea and can increase your risk of identity theft. Would appreciate any experience my fellow vets have.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I have a copy of mine pdf'd on my google drive, on my a backup HD, and on my computer. I've yet to have to provide a hard copy and the scanned copies have been sufficient for everything i've needed them for.

Renegade One

None
As Pags said, copies are fine most of the time. If you must have a "certified copy", I guess you could go to your base NLSO or wherever Notary Public services are avail for free and get 'em all stamped up as "certified". Out in town, the NP copies could cost you $10+ per copy.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
iPhone picture copy on Google Drive - used it recently to renew my veteran tags in Ohio. No problem.