• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge for Helos?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
skidkid said:
I think they are believing their own propaganda a bit. It is a big leap from vertrep to a company insert on a LLL night. The HSC guys have made great strides but it si not the same and their are only a few guys in each squadron that do the SEAL stuff, far cry from a whole squadron able to do a LLL insert.

Nope, not bad gouge. There is no distinction anymore between LLL and HLL for currency...just like there was no distinction for O4 night ship landings unaided (full moon).

There is, however, a requirement for LLL built into the NSW syllabus which is being taught now. An NSW level 1 (fresh from the RAG) obviously hasn't done the ACOL (Air combat on-line death-by-powerpoint) and the 6 or so flights to make NSW level 2...which progresses into more "mission oriented" syllabus (again LLL flight built into) of the NSW Level 3 Qual. Level 4 can be obtained at the wing weapons school and Level 5 at SWTI in Fallon.

I was a logistics guy who never progressed past level 1, but to make HAC now, bubbas have to be level 3 complete (at least that's the way it was when I left)...in the Navy's eyes...that's GTG for inserts/extracts (NSW-wise, not CSAR-wise).

That's how it rolled in Feburary when I left the fleet...Pags and Squorch are in the RAG now and probably getting good gouge on this on a daily basis.

~D

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Gouge so far is Level 3 *prior* to deployment, much less H2P, so yeah. Figure about 80 hours of tactics ICWs and then flights post-rag. Again, so goes the gouge.