• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Sig?

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I have the same gun and I love it. My first pistol. I'd like to get the P220, but I think my next purchase will be a Kimber carry in .45.

Congratulations on a great purchase.

I ended up getting an awesome deal on a Kimber although i have recently seen a 220 with a rail (the kimber dosent) and think it might be great for a bedside firearm with a light attached.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
I ended up getting an awesome deal on a Kimber although i have recently seen a 220 with a rail (the kimber dosent) and think it might be great for a bedside firearm with a light attached.

Yeah, my 226 has a rail also. I have no need for it, although I do feel it makes the gun more aesthetically pleasing. Having a little one, I also wouldn't feel good having a gun next to my bed. But I suppose I might want a light on a bed gun. Just remember lights/lasers work two ways.

For a carry, though... Kimber is just sexy. My army buddy just visited on his way to El Paso and had the audacity to bring his out and show me. We were drinking scotch and comparing firearms... I felt like a James Bond villain.

Bevo16

pilot
The 226 w/o the rail just looks incomplete. I am never going to put anything on mine, but I like the way it looks. The wood grips are sexy. I might get some of those.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Yeah. They used to not come with the rails standard. Doesn't look nearly as good imo. When I bought mine from budsgunshop.com (it was certified used but it looks brand new... no wear or anything), I went to a local gun shop and they wanted the same for a used one without the rail and a lot of holster wear on it.

I'm wondering how accurate it is compared to a kimber carry with 3 or 4" barrel. Oh well... won't know until I buy it :D

but my favorite feature is the dedicated hammer drop lever.

Bevo16

pilot
Here are some 18 round Mec-Gar aftermarket mags that the folks at Sigforum.com like. Looks like a pretty active and helpful forum

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/96410735

Just put one on order. Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $25.97. That's $10 cheaper than the Mec-Gar site (which is terrible).

I picked up a Galco "Concealable" belt holster for the 226 today as well. REALLY nice holster, but it is going to take a heavy coat to really conceal that weapon.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SIG 1911s

Anyone have any experience? I just got 9 months of back flight pay from DFAS, and am considering expanding my inventory since I sold all but one of my pistols to finance rifle purchases.

I've heard that after having some QC issues with the first run, the newer ones are very competitive in their price range. I'm looking to shell out no more than a grand or so; I still need to put some of the money away. Based on the reviews I've read elsewhere, the best bet seems to be a Springfield or a SIG, with Kimber having some QC issues recently. I'm a SIG fan anyway, so I'm also a little biased. Comments?

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
Did you look at Smith and Wesson? They have been making 1911s for a few years now and the reviews I read before I got mine were very good. I have a S&W 1911PD 4.25" barrel. Only had one problem. The thumb safety switch cracked, called S&W shipped it UPS and had it fixed free. S&W has great customer service! I spent about $900 after taxes in CA.

Edit: Shipping was FREE, S&W sent a shipping label!

Bevo16

pilot
Colt. You can get a basic Government Model for just over $500, or you can spend a little more for a series 70, Commander, or Officer's model.

It's the original 1911, and still the best.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
I've got a Springfield 1911, a "Loaded Model" PX9109LP. I gave it a trigger job, and swapped out the ambi safety for a total of about $1100. It's been a great weapon so far.

Accurate and problem free. Doesn't have any firing pin safety system either like the S&W/Kimber/SIG etc...

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
I'm looking to blow my tax return and I figure it might as well be on a P226 Navy, does anyone know of any current discounts? I've used the search function to search for places to buy it but many of the places mentioned are on old posts; if you have purchased a SIG online or in/near Pensacola recently I'd like to hear about your experience, thank you!