• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got Sig?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Anyone shot a DAK? I just called SIG customer service and my serial number is apparently too old to be converted. :( So I'm in pistol shopping mode. Hopefully I can trade my Glock and/or my SIG in on something decent. I'd really like to find a DAK 229, but I don't buy weapons sight unseen.

I bought a DAK P229R in 9mm at a gunshow in Texas a while back, it was marked "LE only" and the dealer said they didn't keep much of them in stock. I had been looking for one for a while and I'm pretty happy with it.

You're welcome to shoot mine if you want to check it out.

Bevo16

pilot
Never been a Sig fan....

...but I ain't stupid either.

I found the little fella in the pic below hanging out at my local guns shop and walked it out the door for $710 (3 mags).

A brief review is that the trigger pull for the first shot is a LOT longer than what I am used to. Every shot after that is much better. The grip is not nearly as ergonomic as the Smith and Wesson M&P. It is REALLY big. It is plenty easy to shoot with two hands, and my instructor is trying to get me to shoot with a stronger left hand so that might actually be helpful. The mag also only holds 15 rounds, 2 less than the M&P. It is significantly heavier, but that is expected.

I have been shooting with a couple of my SEAL buddies, and they are leaders of the Sig mafia. This weapon is in much better shape than the POS versions that our squadron had. Those had been rode hard and put up wet over and over again, and was my first experience with Sig. Obviously I was turned of by them at first. Some of this purchase was pier pressure, some an investment (I can put it in the safe and get more than I spent on it any time I want), and some just a sickness. I am finding less and less guns that I don't like.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 239

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Nicely done. I've been considering picking up another Sig, as my 220 is lonely in The Vault. Sure, it has lots of .45 company, but those 1911s are so stuck up. Maybe .357 Sig is calling my name finally.

MasterBates

I have a P226 in 357 and I like it. I couldn't decide whether it or my 1911 should be the bedroom gun in the Puma, so I sleep with both of them.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I have a P226 in 357 and I like it. I couldn't decide whether it or my 1911 should be the bedroom gun in the Puma, so I sleep with both of them.

I like that line of thinking. I typically keep a pair handy, one for me to fight to the shotgun. The other is in case I have to fall back. Why not give it to the wife to defend herself with? Because she has her own gun to take with her into either the hideout or out the back.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A brief review is that the trigger pull for the first shot is a LOT longer than what I am used to. Every shot after that is much better. The grip is not nearly as ergonomic as the Smith and Wesson M&P.
This is the one gripe I have with my P229 and had with my P226 before I sold it. I'm toying with buying a DAK P229, but it's in competition with an M&P, a USP Compact, a P2000, or a PPS.

Edit: 357 SIG is fun as HELL; I'd recommend it in a heartbeat, though I trust .40 S&W as a self-defense caliber. That's only because I think the latter has less chance of ending up in the neighbor's living room should I (God forbid) end up using it for real.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I found the little fella in the pic below hanging out at my local guns shop and walked it out the door for $710 (3 mags).

O how the mighty have fallen! The staunch Sig hater finally broke down and bought one! :D I couldn't find the link but there are very high quality aftermarket 17rd mags for your favorite handgun. Enjoy!

FLY_USMC

pilot
Sigforum is a good forum, lot's of good deals. My 2 cents on Sig's that some may not realize.....or you may already and I may just be a dumbass...but Surefire lights like the X300 don't "really" fit on the rail of the P229R. There's just slightly not enough room between the front trigger guard and the overall length of the light. You can still mount it, but it's got a couple degree can't up that is annoying. Just FYI...it throughly pissed me off.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
...but I ain't stupid either.

Very Nicely Done. I just got a very nice package deal one off of gunbroker with included the pistol, holster, 2 mag carriers and two sets of hand guards. It was $765 total.

Attachments

• Sig Navy 1.jpg
    Sig Navy 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Sig Navy 2.jpg
    Sig Navy 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Sig Navy 3.jpg
    Sig Navy 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 51

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
I have the same gun and I love it. My first pistol. I'd like to get the P220, but I think my next purchase will be a Kimber carry in .45.

Congratulations on a great purchase.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Not sure if this is old news, but I'm looking into Sigs and they have a $100 rebate for Military.

Attachments

• 2009 MIL-FED-rebate.pdf
    261.4 KB · Views: 23