• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Google Earth's HIDDEN Flight SIM

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Because April Fools Day is right around the corner, I was looking at the Google's Hoaxes Wiki when I read this little gem:

"On Google Earth, tapping (Pressing) out ctrl-alt-A will activate a hidden flight simulator." Mac users hit the COMMAND-ALT-A key combo.

Pretty cool.

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You get to pick one of two aircraft and a multitude of different airports.

I've never heard of the Excel Flight Sim. Do tell

-ea6bflyr ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note to all uber-geeks in flight school. Low-level route lat/longs are in the AP/1B. Just sayin'.
th_glasses.gif

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
yeah i've played around with it before when i was in college, it was a good way to procrastinate and not study

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I tried playing with this for about 45 seconds when I should have been using it to finish a mapping lab...

I couldn't figure out the controls... got ADD and said F- it. Is there a way to change the controls "for artards?"

Of course, now I can't even try at it again until I get back to the states because after a failed update, I deleted the whole thing. Naturally, Google Earths won't download in East Asia...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I tried playing with this for about 45 seconds when I should have been using it to finish a mapping lab...

I couldn't figure out the controls... got ADD and said F- it. Is there a way to change the controls "for artards?"

Of course, now I can't even try at it again until I get back to the states because after a failed update, I deleted the whole thing. Naturally, Google Earths won't download in East Asia...

Didn't you see my link above? PG UP & DN for Throttles. Click the mouse on the screen to control A/C with mouse. Too easy.

-ea6bflyr ;)

AJB37

Didn't you see my link above? PG UP & DN for Throttles. Click the mouse on the screen to control A/C with mouse. Too easy.

-ea6bflyr ;)

That becomes a problem if you have a laptop like me that doesn't have a full keyboard with pg up & pg down keys.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That becomes a problem if you have a laptop like me that doesn't have a full keyboard with pg up & pg down keys.

Yep, I set it in "F-16" mode and an epic fail of tumbling, spinning and hitting things quickly followed....