• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

good news for those coming down

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
I had the PRT this morning so I didn't muster, but my roommate said apparently somebody is already up to jackassery and didn't report to his stash job or something and A-pool got yelled at for it. I don't know all the details, but seriously, we just got this good deal back so if you were the dude that did this, this is the kind of thing that messed it up before, so stop. Seriously.
you are correct. from what it sounded like this morning it took only a few hours before someone went ahead and attempted to screw everything up for all of a-pool.

things will get interesting when the current LT is replaced by the two LT's that have publicly stated they will not take BS.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Jesus, this crap is why all O-1s go home and bitch about not being treated like an officer, because some of us don't deserve to be treated as one.
Someone has to know this current douchebag; we need to fix it. If O-1's start policing ourselves, then we won't have to worry about O-3's.

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
Well stated.. As a commissioned officer you should already know better after 4 years of college. I will be reporting in January, and hope that it is still as good as it is now.

See you soon.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Ahhhh, stash jobs.....I'll have to say, I really enjoyed mine as well. I worked (well I wouldn't say I "worked", Bob) at the Radford gym. Basketballs, towels and ID's.......the rough life. The funny thing is, I remember my DI in OCS once say, "you better not be one of those officers that hands out basketballs!" If she could have seen me :eek: Hell, I think I'll go back there after IFS. It was worth it for the staff locker. ;)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There really are some hookup stash jobs down here, if you know what to look for. I have one buddy who works for the Blue Angels PAO, and I know some other guys who just run simulators for schoolkids in the museum all day. If you don't mind getting dirty, working back in the restoration hangar behind the museum's sweet too, I've only been there two weeks and I'm already restoring a B-26 with a crew of enlisted guys.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
The museum job was pretty sweet. Get out of muster, get a free flight suit. Spent about an hour or two every couple of days showing kids a flight sim. And when they were done you loaded the hornets up with missles and shot each other down until the next group came in... Sometimes volunteering is a good thing.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There really are some hookup stash jobs down here, if you know what to look for.

Yep, spring of 87 was stashed for three months on the Hermes, the 44' ketch we took AOCS candidates out on once a week. Other than the three or so hours out on the bay once a week it was hang out in the am, do a little PMS then go "work out" at the links or go back to Perdido and snorkle and such.

Little did we know how good we had it!

FastMover

NFO
None
If you don't mind getting dirty, working back in the restoration hangar behind the museum's sweet too, I've only been there two weeks and I'm already restoring a B-26 with a crew of enlisted guys.

I worked in the restoration hangar from July through September and loved it, there's not a better deal there for an airplane nerd. We were there all day every day, but it was well worth it...met a lot of very interesting people.

I mostly worked on the A-4 cockpit trainer while I was there. I worked with another Ensign to build the nose section for it...hopefully it's getting close to being finished by now. The plan is to paint it in Blue Angels colors and put at the Museum entrance with the Blues F-4 and F-11 cockpits. The last time I saw it the nose had the skin fitted and was getting ready for paint. Here's a pic:

DSC00002.jpg

You should ask Rick or Doug to take you back to Building 649 (the storage building) and look around. There is some amazing stuff back there.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's all ready for paint now. They have the cockpit painted with a green primer layer and the base is all black, plus all of the controls are installed in the cockpit now. I think they're just waiting to get the paint in, because they've got a bunch of jobs stacked up waiting for paint, like the OV-10 and the B-26 (JD-1) I'm working on.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
For those who didn't get the memo at A-pool muster this morning... the API style PT gear is no longer authorized (NOMI, Anthro's, etc.). It is now the offical Navy PT Uniform.
web_080402-N-xxxxX-001.jpg

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
The museum job was pretty sweet. Get out of muster, get a free flight suit. Spent about an hour or two every couple of days showing kids a flight sim. And when they were done you loaded the hornets up with missles and shot each other down until the next group came in... Sometimes volunteering is a good thing.

Did you ever land the C-130 on the carrier? That was pretty fun.