• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good/Bad FBO Reviews

The Phiz

pilot
I second Lakefront. I went there on a Primary O&I and we took their car into NOLA for some good food. KPAUL's Louisiana Kitchen = good food and 50% off the entree. The FBO looks really nice too, and its a fun airport to fly into. I don't know if a T-45 can do the river run, but its a lot of fun.

81montedriver

pilot
If you are ever in the Nebraska area, Omaha/Eppely Field (OMA) is a nice FBO. Not that big but it has plenty of space to relax, nice flight planning areas and a handful of crew cars readily available for visiting aircrews. It's a very short drive to hop across the border to Iowa and hit up some good local restaurants.

Also, Offutt AFB is right next door and if you fly any approaches into the field, you will get a chance to see all of the RC-135's and E-4B's. It's one of the only fields in the area with a PAR so a good excuse to hit it up on your route of flight.

phrogpilot73

There are very few FBOs that I've had bad experiences at. Small town, no where near the military seem to be more appreciative. This last trip we got a Dodge Charger, Cadillac CTS, and Infiniti G37... All for the price of three midsize.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Ponca City, OK has a fantastic Mexican food restaurant on the airport. You can taxi right up to what used to be the old terminal, shut down and walk 20 feet to the best airport Mexican food you've ever had.

Embraer Driver

The Regional Jet Center in KXNA - NW Arkansas Regional is one FBO that you will want to avoid. They are very rude. After uploading 7000 pounds of Jet A, they told us our business was small potatoes to them and that we could not use the pilot lounge.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Bush Field in Augusta was pretty sweet.

Imperial County in SoCal is always good for some free pizza and sodas.

Pecos, TX will have Mexican food brought to the plane for you.

Some guys have recently told me Sedona, AZ is a good hook up--have to test it myself.

All the ones around P-Cola hook you up pretty good.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Ellington is a decent enough place to stop for food. Last time I was there, they had a Firebird courtesy/crew car you could take bagstriking into town. T-top as well, so you can really live it up. They also have a big mini-cinema in the mil only side (perfect for titty flicks), along with a fridge and sink stocked with sandwich stuff, beer, and ice cream sandwiches.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Lake Havasu has great barbecue right at the ramp.

Palm Springs has leather couches, a big screen TV, and hot chocolate chip cookies.

Salt Lake City gives you a Lincoln Navigator with leather seats.

The 29 Palms EAF has an excellent port-a-shitter by the VIP ramp.

Flagstaff has a great little coffee shop with a chipolte breakfast burrito.

Choose wisely.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You forgot to mention that Palm Springs also features a pool at the FBO......not that I've ever flown there with my trunks handy, but someday I will.

As for socal, I'd also throw out a bump for Brown Field. Pretty easy place to VFR direct into, lots of cool old planes including some old guys with a flyable MIG-21 in a hangar. The FBO there is pretty massive with a full up restaurant and bar, and a cute girl at the flight school counter. Just don't punch out on short final, or you might find yourself in a prison.....and also don't confuse it with Tijuana airport......probably would be better to just stay there if you accidentally landed a naval aircraft there

phrogpilot73

Some guys have recently told me Sedona, AZ is a good hook up--have to test it myself.
I don't remember it being a "hook up" from the standpoint of free stuff, but the scenery is awesome and the restaurant is very good.
IMGP0361.jpg

IMGP0364.jpg

IMGP0373.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I know phrog73 and I already talked about this last year, but as of last year, there was no contract. It looks like it's currently up for review again and you may still be able to get fuel. I'd talk to your MCO first just to be sure (if you care about such things).

SEDONA KSEZ AZ PENDING - Local Purchase Authorized in lieu of the contract number. KSEZ-AR Jet A, w/o FSII IP
N / A

ETA: Random Sedona pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0069.JPG
    DSC_0069.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0077.JPG
    DSC_0077.JPG
    490.7 KB · Views: 26