• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going to MEPS

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
So, I'm finally going to MEPS this Monday so hopefully I will be able to submit my app in time for the July boards.

My recruiter said it will be from 5am-noonish in San Diego. He's gonna drive a bunch of us at 3am.

So to clarify, we're supposed to bring all our docs, white t's and white skivies. Does that mean briefs or are boxer briefs ok too? Also, do we get food for that whole time? I know MEPS is the physical exam but I heard there is also an interview as well. Do they test us on our PT then or is that a separate event? Also, I saw that there is a swearing in oath thing. But i haven't even submitted my package let alone been pro recced or final selected? I can't seem to find this info at any of the Navy sites or Military sites. Kind of confusing.

Thanks for your help.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
So, I'm finally going to MEPS this Monday so hopefully I will be able to submit my app in time for the July boards.

My recruiter said it will be from 5am-noonish in San Diego. He's gonna drive a bunch of us at 3am.

So to clarify, we're supposed to bring all our docs, white t's and white skivies. Does that mean briefs or are boxer briefs ok too? Also, do we get food for that whole time? I know MEPS is the physical exam but I heard there is also an interview as well. Do they test us on our PT then or is that a separate event? Also, I saw that there is a swearing in oath thing. But i haven't even submitted my package let alone been pro recced or final selected? I can't seem to find this info at any of the Navy sites or Military sites. Kind of confusing.

Thanks for your help.

Have fun. Meps is truly an exciting place to be. Damn, hes driving you? Thats dedication. If your recruiter is who I think it is, he is good. The interview is just about your medical history, wear whatever underwear you want (no thongs though), no PT test but learn the duck walk, you get lunch, no swear in unless you are enlisting. Again, you are so luckly to be going. I feel like resigning my commission just so I can re-apply and go back. Also, when you get to bend over...well, have FUN!!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Have fun. Meps is truly an exciting place to be. Damn, hes driving you? Thats dedication. If your recruiter is who I think it is, he is good. The interview is just about your medical history, wear whatever underwear you want (no thongs though), no PT test but learn the duck walk, you get lunch, no swear in unless you are enlisting. Again, you are so luckly to be going. I feel like resigning my commission just so I can re-apply and go back. Also, when you get to bend over...well, have FUN!!

Hmm...somehow I don't think I'm going to be having any "fun". I will watch a bunch of Rolling Stones dvd's to practice my duck walk, thanks for the tip. Yeah, I won't be pulling a Jason Giambi with the thong thing either.

Yeah my recruiter is pretty cool. I know he's trying his best. We're coming down from Orange County so we have to leave at 3am. I thought MEPS was two days and that we would have to stay over but apparently we're just going for the day. I took my ASTB in San Diego too, but I overnighted then.

Thanks for the advice.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I know MEPS is the physical exam but I heard there is also an interview as well. Do they test us on our PT then or is that a separate event? Also, I saw that there is a swearing in oath thing.

Interview? I guess if you consider the doc saying "any problems? No? Looks good to me" an interview. No PRT, and no swearing in.

As Skim said, MEPS is pretty much awesome. The calisthenics class was the best part.

JakeF

Thanks for your help.

Show up free of Alcohol and drugs.
Be ready to piss.
Make sure you get a commissioning physical, not an enlistment one.
Lunch should be provided in a cafeteria.

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I was already in the DEP (Delayed Enlistment Program) before I decided to apply for OCS so I went through MEPS trying to enlist. I don't think there is really much of a difference whether you are enlisting or getting a physical for commission. I didn't have to go back and do anything when applying for OCS and my recruiter said that it would make my process much quicker since I had already done it.

Sarcasm aside...try thinking of the most boring day of your life...x10= MEPS. Lots of waiting so you can go in another room and wait some more. Definitely be able to take a leak when you're asked, otherwise you'll have to sit outside the room and drink water until you need to pee. Having stagefright isn't really an option here either since someone will be standing there watching you pee in the cup. Have fun with it. Since you can't wash your hands until you're about to walk out, try shaking that guys hand right after you pee and thanking him for his time and keen eye*!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was already in the DEP (Delayed Enlistment Program) before I decided to apply for OCS so I went through MEPS trying to enlist. I don't think there is really much of a difference whether you are enlisting or getting a physical for commission. I didn't have to go back and do anything when applying for OCS and my recruiter said that it would make my process much quicker since I had already done it.

Sarcasm aside...try thinking of the most boring day of your life...x10= MEPS. Lots of waiting so you can go in another room and wait some more. Definitely be able to take a leak when you're asked, otherwise you'll have to sit outside the room and drink water until you need to pee. Having stagefright isn't really an option here either since someone will be standing there watching you pee in the cup. Have fun with it. Since you can't wash your hands until you're about to walk out, try shaking that guys hand right after you pee and thanking him for his time and keen eye*!

There is.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Can you educate me on the difference between the two?
The eye doc needs to know you're applying for a Navy officer commission, and don't take the ASVAB.

That's all I remember having to do differently... your mileage may vary.

Also, I didn't think MEPS was that bad or boring. Just talk to the people around you; I guarantee you won't be bored.