• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Going from Helicopters to Jets....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
there are some old threads on that some where on this site. I'm sure its the same in the Army as it is in the Marines/Navy or even the AF, there are drug deals to be had, its just all about timing. I have heard of some pretty crazy transitions out there. My favorite is the one-eyed NFO, shows you how much they do...:icon_tong good luck

You're going to want that NFO sitting next to you when you're having your night in the barrel - something you know nothing about yet.

Brett

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
^^^^ and when it comes time for the JOs to pick duties for the next month. :D

suasponte

Sit down, shut up and don't touch nothin'
None
I always wanted to be a Tomcat or Hornet pilot. However, my life took me the path of a warrant. By the time my ADSO is up, I'll be 36, so I seriously doubt I'll be in contention for an age waiver. I've started looking at Viper ANG units, but I'd give my left testicle to fly tacair.

highside7r

None
Yep, you're done, much like any of us over 30. The Viper unit is not going to even consider sending you to UPT, due to age, they want young pups they can get some years out of.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Never crusty enough for you HAL... Seriously though, everbody pokes fun at everyone. :D

I don't know dude, I don't think you are crusty enough to make fun of anyone with wings. Some of these guys have more flight time in left turns than you have flight time.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Side note There are quite a few one-eyed pilots at the major airlines. United had four back in 1999.

UAL had one back in c. 1969...Axel Paulsen, B-727 Capt at EWR, then LGA. Knew him well, flew with him often after he regained his ATP. IIRC, TWA(?) had one prior to that...

Funny stuff!! Just "Googled" him up, found this:

http://www.rupany.org/Group photos.htm

I knew and/or flew with several of these guys...Bill Tyndell, Pete Harvey, Axel, Al Reylek, Carl Carlson, Murray Warren...inc the poster, Ed Dechant...the I'net is great!!

Clux4

Banned
I always wanted to be a Tomcat or Hornet pilot. However, my life took me the path of a warrant. By the time my ADSO is up, I'll be 36, so I seriously doubt I'll be in contention for an age waiver. I've started looking at Viper ANG units, but I'd give my left testicle to fly tacair.

I will just tell you to go to baseops.net. The ANG does things a little different. I have heard of ANG units sending older army WO's to their fixed wing course (big boy flight school) and then to the B course. I will say give it a try and let them tell you differently.