• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Global Warming, Seriously its Freakin Cold Everywhere!

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
First off, sorry, but WTF is this? A facebook group invite on AW? Pretty lame.

Oh, and I'm not saying that global warming is real or not, but the point behind the theory is that it is causing weather abnormalities...such as very hot summers, very cold winters, snow in Texas. The theory of global warming isn't that the world is going to burn up in flames and cause the oceans to evaporate.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Facebook invite on Airwarriors. Don't really know what to say. Pretty sure this ones getting locked.

exhelodrvr

pilot
The point behind the theory is that they don't know how much the globe is warming, and they don't know what is causing the warming, and they don't know how much of the warming is caused by mankind. But they do know that mankind-caused global warming advocacy is where the money and academic prestige is. So that takes precedence over worrying about accuracy or truth.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
The indisputed facts:

The climate is changing.
We are changing the climate.

The non-facts that people try to pass off as facts:

We are the sole reason the climate is changing.
If we don't stop changing the climate, we are all going to die.

The non-facts:

Basically everything that the news media is pawning as 'scientific evidence'.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously, we just went through this a couple weeks ago in another thread. Do we have to repeat that? What's new here?

Brett

yak52driver

Contributor
The climate has always been in a state of change. There used to be mile high glaciers over southern Wisconsin thousands of years ago. The earth's climate changed, the glaciers receded and mankind had nothing to do with that global warmup. We do have some effect on weather and climate, but to what extent is a guess. IMHO, most of this hype is driven by politics, personal agendas and grant money. They can't predict weather accurately beyond tomorrow (if even that far), not sure how they can say what things will be like in 10, 20, 50 years.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I'm guessing you are referring to humans changinge the climate, and I think he meant on the micro-scale, such as smog in LA. Unless I misunderstood his point.

My point was that the fact we are changing the climate is indisputable, in the same way that a huge number of trees are changing the climate by introducing more oxygen into the atmosphere, and that kind of thing. We change it by our mere presence, the argument is and always has been over the DEGREE (no pun intended) of change that we are making.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was gonna' go smoke a cigar on the 3rd deck lanai until the fog bank rolled in and the temp dropped and it's now too cold.

Global warming my ass.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I was gonna' go smoke a cigar on the 3rd deck lanai until the fog bank rolled in and the temp dropped and it's now too cold.

Global warming my ass.
My truck was sliding all over the freeways in Iowa pulling 10,000 pounds of cargo in a trailer behind my truck at or below 0° F. Global warming is a friggin myth!

Edited to add; it's good to be back in Texas after a week of sub zero weather.