• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Global Warming Conspiracy...?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Eh, seems reasonable to me.

By releasing data which is sympathetic to the need to do more research in your particular area of expertise, you are guaranteeing that you will get additional research grants and more $$. Plus fame.

If I came out tomorrow with some reasonable scientific data showing that we are all in imminent danger, I bet I would get more money to keep researching it.

And what you just said highlights the reason why independent peer-reviewed publications are important. Statistics can easily be skewed towards one outcome or the other to prove a specific argument.

I personally don't believe global warming is as bad as it's made out to be but I also find it hard to believe that there would be such a large amount of collusion between the different scientists.

That said, money is a powerful motivator for quite a few people...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Eh, when it started getting globally colder on average after around 2003 and they changed the term to "climate change" which doesn't really require a theory, because the climate has always changed, that is when I blew the whole thing off anyway.

Also, water vapor is like 95% of all the greenhouse gases in the air and humans only produce like 2-3% of the CO2 that is in the air anyway, so meh, who cares?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And what you just said highlights the reason why independent peer-reviewed publications are important. Statistics can easily be skewed towards one outcome or the other to prove a specific argument.

I personally don't believe global warming is as bad as it's made out to be but I also find it hard to believe that there would be such a large amount of collusion between the different scientists.

That said, money is a powerful motivator for quite a few people...

So is group think.

Brett

m26

Contributor
So is group think.

This.

I'm studying Eugenics in school. I'm beginning to notice some parallels. At one point, we had the scientific elite and the scientific community convinced that the human germ plasm could be perfected in a few generations by the selective breeding of humans. Whoops.

rrpilot

This.

I'm studying Eugenics in school. I'm beginning to notice some parallels. At one point, we had the scientific elite and the scientific community convinced that the human germ plasm could be perfected in a few generations by the selective breeding of humans. Whoops.

You mean we won't be seeing a Eugenics war in the near future?...Too bad, I was gonna throw in with this guy::D

Attachments

• Khan_Noonien_Singh,_2285.jpg
    Khan_Noonien_Singh,_2285.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 25

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean we won't be seeing a Eugenics war in the near future?...Too bad, I was gonna throw in with this guy::D

shatner_st2.jpg

:D

Brett

Cleonard19

Contributor
My .02 on the whole global warming issue is that the last time the earth was at the peak of an Ice Age was 20,000 years ago, and we really don't know how far out of it we are. For all we know, we're still coming out of it. If you look at all the ancient lakes and oceanbeds, you've got to figure the water went somewhere. Most likely into a glacier. There was a time when Macon Georgia would be considered a coastal town. At some point, that very well may become true again.

Scientists can prove that the earth is getting warmer. Unfortunately they don't have enough historical date to compare it to. So while they can prove that its getting warmer, any attempt to explain why it's getting warmer is just a gross conjecture, because they don't/can't know what the normal rate of heating up is for the planet coming out of an Ice Age.

CapSky

What is the optimal temperature of the earth?
Who is to say that the temperature of the earth 1000 years ago was optimal?

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
Anybody see Al Gore on SNL last night peddling his new book?
Good stuff. I didn't know the man had a pulse, much less anything resembling a sense of humor.

Random8145

This.

Michael Crichton in his book "State of Fear" talks about the parallel of eugenics to global warming as well, it is a very interesting read. I highly recommend it, it will get you to think about the environment in new ways, and also the bibligography gives additional good books to read.

The book's general opinion is that global warming is not real, but even if one disagrees with this, the overall point the book makes about the way so many environmentalists view nature, and the issue of fear, and such, make it very much worth reading IMO.

m26

Contributor

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
My .02 on the whole global warming issue is that the last time the earth was at the peak of an Ice Age was 20,000 years ago, and we really don't know how far out of it we are.

Charlie One-Niner:
Don't try to breathe historical perspective into this argument: the world has gotten considerably colder & warmer before than it is today, and there was no man-made CO2 to push along the process. My personal view is that if the Chinese & Indians (who together have about 40% of the world's population) aren't interested in Kyoto, what the rest of the world does may not matter anyway. Neither country will back off it's industrial development for what may be sound or disasterous national-interest reasons

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Man-made global warming is no longer just an organized religion -- It's organized crime.
What is the optimal temperature of the earth?
Who is to say that the temperature of the earth 1000 years ago was optimal?

You still continue to contribute nothing of substance. If you continue on this track, I will make the ban permanent.