• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting medals pinned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwinger

pilot
Like the last Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps said, "I have never seen any hazing in the Marine Corps no siree!!" but I may have <seen> rumors of a lcpl getting his chevrons punched into his collar bone by his gunny infront of the entire MOS class "Make sure none of you ****ers have a camera in here" Also, it never happened but some unit I was in might only have given bloodstripes-i.e kneeing you in the thigh- to new NCO's we felt were deserving, if you were a **** bag and got promoted, no one would even acknowledge it. And of course it is probable that for your birthday your squad got to beat you up. But of course that stuff never happens in this Marine Corps.
semper fi,
Airwinger

confused_pilot

Maybe this is dead.. but I have a question for anyone who wishes to answer. As I read through all this from what I can gather these forms of hazing still exsist in some manner of speaking, but how can comrodery be built if your best friends are beating the living crap out of you for your birthday present? Also, it seems to be a bigger deal with marines than the navy, is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.