• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Geometry questions - form 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airman Rob

Folks,
Starting to prepare for Form 2 - the MVT section is supposed to have more geometry and trig questions in it.... how do they compare to the questions in the Marines prep guide???
Are they all pretty much the same thing, just in larger number or different...????

How about gouge on the ANT section - what ticky questions were asked on aviation and nautical stuff??
Thanks
Rob

Spin

SNA in Meridian
If you know the guide you should be golden. What you could also do is pick up an SAT review book or highschool/college math book and use those along with the study guide for more practice.

sara_noh81

hey rob, i took form 2 not too long ago and the questions are nearly identical to those in the marine prep guide. unfortunately for me, i wasnt privy to that guide until AFTER i took it. but i'm sure you'll do great. good luck!
~sara

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Airman Rob

Thanks Sara...
You doing the test again???
Did you find that there were more math questions in the Form 2 than Form 1??? Which did you find easier??
Take it easy...

sara_noh81

I took Form 1 last November, so I truthfully don't remember much about it. However, I did do better on Form 2 (not by much though). I don't think you should worry though. It sounds like you are devouring the study guides! Just don't lose track of time; its easy to get caught up on one of the math problems and spend too much time on it.
Good luck!
Oh, and I'm pretty sure both forms have about the same amount of math involved.

**GOD BLESS AMERICA**

Nick

I took the ASTB at the begining of the year and I used the arco guide to study for it and it was much simpler than the study guide. The Gunny negleted to tell me that calculators aren't allowed so get used to doing it by hand.

mimisoko9

I took the test twice and my OAR went up 8 points the second time. I found Form 1 had the easier second half and Form 2's first half was not that hard if you knew the study guide forwards and backwards.

My score was mediocre the first time and the biggest issue was nerves. Don't make the problems more complicated than they are. It's been said before, but, unlike the SAT or Series 7, the test is NOT designed to trick you.

Status
Not open for further replies.