• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Geo bachelor

Malice 1

pilot
I'm at whiting right now in primary. If get an airframe that requires me to move, i.e. anything but helo's, what are my chances of being a geobachelor?

My wife doesn't want to move, and I don't want her to move with me. It'd be a win-win situation.

MasterBates

First problem.. You have a wife..

Second problem, Props or E2C2 (the prop part anyways) at NASCC, there is no geo-bach for O's. E6 & Below only.. I know, between calling, and Scoober checking for me looking to geo bach when my orders popped, and was told OK by the local Filipino Mafia rep..

When I checked in, expecting Geo-Bach... NO GEO BACH here.

Kingsville, on the phone said Geo-Bach is OK, but I never checked in person (my divorce SHOULD be finalized before I get there).

Malice 1

pilot
First problem.. You have a wife..

Second problem, Props or E2C2 (the prop part anyways) at NASCC, there is no geo-bach for O's. E6 & Below only.. I know, between calling, and Scoober checking for me looking to geo bach when my orders popped, and was told OK by the local Filipino Mafia rep..

When I checked in, expecting Geo-Bach... NO GEO BACH here.

Kingsville, on the phone said Geo-Bach is OK, but I never checked in person (my divorce SHOULD be finalized before I get there).

so basically...

props = wife comes with me
helos = I'm not moving
jets = fighting chance at freedom.

I'm gonna go hit the books!!

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I would urge you to not make a pipeline decision based soley on where you and your wife might have to live for the 6months to a year you will be in advanced.

Malice 1

pilot
I didn't start this thread for marriage counseling and I'm not gonna select based on ditching her. I just want to know if I can be a geo bachelor in TX or MS and live in the Q.

jrey2000

You can put a humanitarian request for a hardship created by transferring, which usually gets shot down, or you can talked to the CBH chief or manager and see what they can do for you.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Just to be clear, you can ALWAYS choose to geo-bach. What you are likely to be unable to do is continue to receive your prior duty station's BAH if it is higher than your new location's (overseas always and Critical Housing Areas sometimes being the exceptions). It can affect your dislocation allowance and some other travel allowances as well.

PM me if you have questions, I've done it.