• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gear from TBS

UORBulldog

What about the pack of 100 clear overlays I bought for patrolling FEX and used 4 because that was the only quantity they came in at Staples?

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Is any of this crap(gear) from TBS useful during flight school?

Take a Cammie Blouse....and your old "high speed" tactical rifle sling....

You can make a pretty sweet nav bag....if you're smart and talented enough.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Several months ago, I actually had one of my Marine students pull out his Platoon Commanders Tactical Notebook in a brief to discuss the 9 line (it was one of the QOD). After the flight, I told him he needed to go home and throw out every pub, notebook and/or piece of paper he still had from TBS. That crap is useless in aviation.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Several months ago, I actually had one of my Marine students pull out his Platoon Commanders Tactical Notebook in a brief to discuss the 9 line (it was one of the QOD). After the flight, I told him he needed to go home and throw out every pub, notebook and/or piece of paper he still had from TBS. That crap is useless in aviation.

I carry a blank JTAR around in my back pocket just in case shit hits the fan. You never know when you're going to need every piece of crap paper you've ever put your hands on in the military.:rolleyes:

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
yea the big red book hasnt exactly seen much action...and i'm at TBS.

You kidding Trev? The brick goes with me everywhere...humps, FEXs, I'm even looking at right right now.

Now, whether or not it gets used is a different question...:icon_smil

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
yea the big red book hasnt exactly seen much action...and i'm at TBS.

Don't worry, it won't see much more either. I think the most I used mine was the mortar and arty stuff we did. Is that Scholastic store still running a racket and charging $70 to get all that shit laminated?

But SFM is right, mine was always packed tightly into the dead bottom of my pack everywhere I went.

MettGT

pilot
Don't worry, it won't see much more either. I think the most I used mine was the mortar and arty stuff we did. Is that Scholastic store still running a racket and charging $70 to get all that shit laminated?

But SFM is right, mine was always packed tightly into the dead bottom of my pack everywhere I went.

The going rate is ironically $42. The scholarship still gets theirs by nickel and diming you for everything else though.