• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FYI ABOUT WEATHER PORTION OF API

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSU333

Hey all, I finally classed up after 9 weeks of waiting and today was my first day of Aviation Weather. We received a new book (the old one was 1998) which is much smaller, and we were told it was a completely different course. My class is the first one this year and it is also the instructors first time teaching it. The instructor, an Air Force Captain, along with a Navy LT are the ones that revamped the book, and he basically said throw out all gouge that we had collected. So everyone, be careful studying old weather gouge because the material is different and all new questions will be asked.

Bob

Brodie143

What could possibly have changed about the weather? If you can't see very far and its wet out it's raining, if you see shadows, it's sunny. I know there is more to it than that, but come on. I think they just changed the book and therefore the gouge because everyone knew the gouge and was doing really well on the tests. I'm throwing the BS flag on that one. Bob, good on you for warning everyone.

AMaguire

Originally posted by Brodie143
What could possibly have changed about the weather? If you can't see very far and its wet out it's raining, if you see shadows, it's sunny. I know there is more to it than that, but come on. I think they just changed the book and therefore the gouge because everyone knew the gouge and was doing really well on the tests. I'm throwing the BS flag on that one. Bob, good on you for warning everyone.

Nope, he's right. My class was the last before the change over so all the guys in 0325 and on are using the new books, but they're a lot smaller then the good old 13 chapter weather book. I think they weeded out some of the useless crap and such. Hear they emphasize the cloud formation BS a lot less now, or not at all.

API Class 0324

Status
Not open for further replies.