• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
How dare you guys start a new page without me !!! lol Well I feel my board went well. My XO is a tough guy to impress and he threw some good advice out there for me.
1. Tell me about youeself and why you want to be an officer
2. What is the career path of a ________?
3. Since you want to work in the "IT" field, what do you do if you find inapropriate pictures on the profile of one of your old buddies you were enlisted with?
4. You're a fresh new Ensign in the shop and the Senior Chief is a real hard ass and wants to run everything his way. How would you handle the situation?
5. How do you feel about the recent sexual assault issue going on the military today? Do you think we are having more sexual assaults or we are doing a better job at reporting it?
6. How do you feel about command climate surveys in the media and how they affect the positions of executive leaders?
7. Have you thought about how you will remain focused while attending a major university such as Texas A&M?
8. What are some leadership challenges you have come across while being in the Navy?
9. What do you think will be the biggest challenge after commission?
10. What do you do when you are a brand new Ensign and you have this beautiful young Second Class Petty Officer making sexual advances towards you?
11. Are you sure you're ready for the SWO life?

I feel like I did pretty well. My uniform was top noch, my responses were very professional and sincere, and I was able to process most of the information and questions very well. I have my External board next month. Petty Officer advancement results will be out next week. Good luck to everyone who is awaiting the good word. Hope you all have a safe weekend. I look forward to hearing from you guys next week with all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. :D OVER AND OUT!

V/R,
AS2

JoeNAVY

Awesome info on the boards! Seems that all boards have similar questions minus the scenario questions. Better make sure you go in there knowing why you want to be an Officer!

Is anyone else out there applying for SWO/ED? Hopefully I'm the only one :p

Questions I remember from my boards:

What makes a good officer? How would you make a good one?
Describe a time where you have had a challenging experience with a subordinate, and how you overcame it.
Describe a time when you feel you were an effective leader.
What do you think college will be like? How will you ensure that you will do well?
etc, etc

JoeNAVY

Anyone think it would hurt your chances of selection if you go over by a paragraph or so on the personal statement? Or if the CO's Endorsement is longer than one page?

BackOrdered

Contributor
Anyone think it would hurt your chances of selection if you go over by a paragraph or so on the personal statement? Or if the CO's Endorsement is longer than one page?

Yes, especially for STA-21. The entire package is a drill in following instructions. I've watched COs toss packages for less.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

On your personal statement, do you mean that you are not able to keep it to one page? Also, a long personal statement might bore them. They have, on average, about 800 packages to go through.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Missed PO1 by just a hair over 1 point. Looks like its gonna be a nice X-mas if I get STA-21 select and PO1. Shooting for the stars !!!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
On your personal statement, do you mean that you are not able to keep it to one page? Also, a long personal statement might bore them. They have, on average, about 800 packages to go through.
It's not about volume, it's about following simple instructions. You're in the goddamn military (although word is that civilian HR dept's will screen applicants using similar criteria). If you can't fill out your application correctly, what can you do?

JoeNAVY

It's not about volume, it's about following simple instructions. You're in the goddamn military (although word is that civilian HR dept's will screen applicants using similar criteria). If you can't fill out your application correctly, what can you do?

Relax, it was a question.

Yeah, I'm over by 4-5 lines plus signature. I was trying to avoid making it smaller than 12pt font because it's more difficult to read at 10pt.

BTW I picked up AT1!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I guess the one positive thing about not making rate is that I dont have to change all my documents from AS2 to AS1 :rolleyes: ....

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Got my external boards set up for next week. O-6 SWO/ED, O-5 SWO, not sure on the third guy.
Good luck. Be sure to have an idea on how you want answer those basic questions and make sure your answers are sincere. Let us know your questions when you are done!

JayJackJr87

Help!
Can somebody help me with CO endorsment. Where does it say to keep to a page?(my CCC keeps telling me to add more) also if it's already half way filled are each blocks short paragraphs?
thanks and good luck to all.

Doc B-dorf

No FY15 Program for me! Almost done w/school!
Help!
Can somebody help me with CO endorsment. Where does it say to keep to a page?(my CCC keeps telling me to add more) also if it's already half way filled are each blocks short paragraphs?
thanks and good luck to all.

I have looked up and down the STA-21 website, but nowhere does it say the CO's endorsement is only one page. I wrote a preliminary one for my CO to review prior to my interview. In the end, the CO is going to rewrite/reword it in his style. My CO's endorsement is a tad over 1 page and it is basically the same statement, just rewrote to fit his style.