• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
any luck getting the grades in MM1??
Hey thanks for asking, but Mr. Straten told me to wait until everything is all together before sending in additional documents because "we are extremely busy". I am going to wait a until the end of next week since I have a couple other things I would like to add. I don't know about y'all but I am going crazy over here. I continue to read over my CO statement noticed a lot repetitiveness and mistakes, noticed I never put in my personal statement that I haven't done much college cause my wife is completing her Master's in education, and other things I should have said... whoops sorry a little ADD there. I need a new hobby.

hippievan

Wow I more I continue to go over it, it is horrible!!! I think the word excel is in there 7 times, you know what sucks is part of it is my fault. I listened to everyone and their inputs and it caused a mess. Moral of the story, it is our package not everyone else's , I should have done better at this.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Wow I more I continue to go over it, it is horrible!!! I think the word excel is in there 7 times, you know what sucks is part of it is my fault. I listened to everyone and their inputs and it caused a mess. Moral of the story, it is our package not everyone else's , I should have done better at this.
Stop beating yourself up man, you have a great package and the board will see that. It's too early to start driving yourself crazy. Wait till August at least!

hippievan

Stop beating yourself up man, you have a great package and the board will see that. It's too early to start driving yourself crazy. Wait till August at least!
haha thanks brother. I guess I did have a bit of sensitive rant there didn't I? haha I appreciate the pick me up though.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I didnt visit this thread one time this weekend. My focus was all on the 2012 CrossFit games. Rich Froning is a beast !!!! If any of you guys want to get into the best shape of your life than you should pay crossfit.com a visit. If you try it out and stick to it, I can almost guarantee it will change your life.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Quick question: What are the acceptable methods of sending in additional documents prior to August 1st? I am deployed overseas so scanning and emailing would be best for me, not sure what they want you to do and figured I'd post here before emailing Mr. Straten about it. Mailing it in is not a viable option for me. Thanks.

hippievan

Quick question: What are the acceptable methods of sending in additional documents prior to August 1st? I am deployed overseas so scanning and emailing would be best for me, not sure what they want you to do and figured I'd post here before emailing Mr. Straten about it. Mailing it in is not a viable option for me. Thanks.
Mr. Straten told me exactly that, "submit everything through email or fax" and do it all at once since they are "extremely busy".

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
He told me the same thing. He said scan it and email it to me.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
This college application process is a little harder than I expected .... anyone else having issues with colleges??

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The process was difficult at ODU, where they graduate 30-50 STA21 guys a year. I can only imagine that it gets exponentially harder the smaller the military footprint gets. Best advice is to contact the ROTC unit and try to talk to an OC who showed up recently.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
it seems like all the sites say that customer service is their #1 priority and things like that and then whenever I email or call they are like" our procedures are on the site" haha. .... I have to write 2 essays and a resume for my transfer apps to University of Texas and Texas A&M. Did you apply and get accepted to all three schools you put on your STA-21 app??

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I only applied for and was selected to attend ODU. Good on you for getting the applications taken care of before selection. That's how I did it and it worked out for me. Most wait until October and then scramble to get everything done.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
it seems like all the sites say that customer service is their #1 priority and things like that and then whenever I email or call they are like" our procedures are on the site" haha. .... I have to write 2 essays and a resume for my transfer apps to University of Texas and Texas A&M. Did you apply and get accepted to all three schools you put on your STA-21 app??

I don't know if it changed or not, but when I was going through the process U of Texas was not an option. At that time they only reviewed applications in March or April and wouldn't give any exceptions to anyone including military. They made it impossible to meet the deadlines STA-21 sets. The only guys I knew of who went to Texas were guys that applied to schools for the previous year STA and then didn't get accepted. I believe their acceptance is good for a calendar year. If you apply and eventually get accepted before you go to NSI I think there is a chance you can switch while at NSI. That being said, the final duty station in your orders will probably be your college so that presents a problem boost alum like myself didn't have to deal with.

And +1 on Crossfit.