• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY12 Applicantion question

sobe185

Hi everyone,

I'm an EM2(SS) and am applying this year for the core option. My package is coming along and I have just a few hurdles left in the process. My question is: I recieved my ACT scores last night, and got:

30 composite
24 English
34 Math
30 Reading
21 Science

Now, looking at schools (planning on Core -> Sub Nuke) most of the schools I want to attend "require" the optional essay portion of the ACT. Is there any way around this through the STA-21 program? If not, do I need to retake the ACT? If so, will that impact my application? Is that something I can hash out after my package is submitted, or will it make my package a no-go this year?

Any help or past experience on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

EM2

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
The only requirement for the ACT as per the STA-21 message is that you receive a combined MATH/ENGLISH of 41 (21M/20E). Other than that, admission to colleges is typically a completely different matter, unless you took the initiative to be admitted prior to package submission so that you could include it. I would recommend "hashing" this out with colleges as soon as, if not prior, to college accepting application - usually late July/early August so that if you get selected you will have a college that can formulate an official degree plan. The more you get done early, the less you'll have to worry about if you get good news in October. Good Luck and I hope this does something to answer your questions.

FC1