• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like everyone here is waiting for something. I feel for you guys, I know what it was like when I was waiting for results. I was lucky and my results came out on the 4th.

Everyone try to relax and remember, if you do get picked up, you still have to wait until at least February to transfer, and then you have to wait until at least May to start classes. Try and remain patient and stop checking the forums every five minutes. It's kinda like Christmas when you were a kid...the faster you forget about it, the faster it comes.

Good luck to all...and yes, there is still some hope for today (but not much):D

zeroentropy

Sounds like everyone here is waiting for something. I feel for you guys, I know what it was like when I was waiting for results. I was lucky and my results came out on the 4th.

Everyone try to relax and remember, if you do get picked up, you still have to wait until at least February to transfer, and then you have to wait until at least May to start classes. Try and remain patient and stop checking the forums every five minutes. It's kinda like Christmas when you were a kid...the faster you forget about it, the faster it comes.

Good luck to all...and yes, there is still some hope for today (but not much):D

Easy to say after you've been picked up :)

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
0 - All 77 from traditional college courses or SMARTs credit from military schools.

Have you found a school that will accept more than 1 or 2 smart credits? I've got 186 credits just from SMART stuff and both colleges I talked to said they wouldn't accept any of it.

gjhouston

0 - All 77 from traditional college courses or SMARTs credit from military schools.

I have 39 traditional credits.. I wonder how many credits schools will actually take off my smart, I have never had it evaluated by a school. Anyone had theirs evaluated by a regular university, and not one of these online colleges?

Not sure how many smarts credits will transfer at my hopeful universities. I imagine not many. But a lot of my SMARTs are for computer courses and what not. I have 30 credits on my own, so I am not real worried about it. Beings you have to go to school full-time no matter what, I don't mind spending the full 3 years in college :)

mc6

I have tons of credits on my SMART from A and C schools, but ODU is only taking 9 of them, and they transfer as electives only.
Every college course I've taken on my own, except one (Biology without lab- distance learning) transferred into my degree plan-21 credits.

I have tons of credits on my SMART from A and C schools, but ODU is only taking 9 of them, and they transfer as electives only.
Every college course I've taken on my own, except one (Biology without lab- distance learning) transferred into my degree plan-21 credits.

Sounds good to me...(That is if I even get picked up!) I am starting to hop on the Oct. 20th band wagon myself.

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
I'm starting to rethink my college choices. Two of the ones I picked require students to take one semester of Calculus through them, regardless if you've taken it or not. I hate retaking classes, especially math intensive ones.

LAX89

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I have the same problem with friends. Im an IS and am making rank quickly, and I have a pretty sweet deal where I am now, I try to explain to people the way things really are, but they dont realize that some rates are just not so great to get into. Ill pass on the info to her though and see what else I can dig up.

Now only if those results would come out...

Intel1

FY-10 STA 21 Core Selectee
It seems that there are quite a few Intel applicants based on previous thread posts. As an IS applying for the Intel option, im curious to know what constitutes a prime Intel candidate now that the option is open to all rates? All my Intel option brethren please chime in.

It seems that there are quite a few Intel applicants based on previous thread posts. As an IS applying for the Intel option, im curious to know what constitutes a prime Intel candidate now that the option is open to all rates? All my Intel option brethren please chime in.

I am curious too. I am an IS2, but going for Pilot (want to get out of the intel community). Good evals and all that typical jazz I would say. I understand why they opened it to all rates but I still think that already having a TS clearance and being an IS will greatly improve your chances.

dkels0723

I am also an Intel primary as well. I think your chances are greatly improved if you have a TS and you are an IS. I actually cross rated from PS to IS because at the time you had to be an IS to go Intel STA-21 and that is what I wanted to do. I am glad I cross rated to have an Intel background when I applied.

I hope the results come out soon. I am going crazy.