• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee
Did anyone get the SEPCOR mentioned in the selection message yet? If yes, what was in it? And was it by mail?

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
Did anyone get the SEPCOR mentioned in the selection message yet? If yes, what was in it? And was it by mail?

Yea, it was by mail. It said "Congrats". The only piece of info it had that I didn't already know was the March deadline for acceptance letters and degree plans for those of us starting NSI in May.

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee
Yea, it was by mail. It said "Congrats". The only piece of info it had that I didn't already know was the March deadline for acceptance letters and degree plans for those of us starting NSI in May.

Thanks. I am deployed so probably wouldn't get that mail any time soon. I guess deadline for Feb class is Dec?

OscarMyers

None
Talking about crunch time for those guys, I dont go until may and Im sweating the fact that my colleges are dragging there feet.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
So has everyones physical and so forth gone accordingly ;)

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I get a call sometime to fill a slot.

I am running into issues for next year with the ACT. Between the draw down and turnovers no one is offering the test over here in Iraq. Luckily the command is willing to let me fly somewhere if I can get it coordinated.

LAX89

I'm hoping I get a call too. All of my stuff is in. I'm pretty sure my academic advisor at ODU has blacklisted my phone number though... I called her AND emailed her everyday for updates on my degree plan until she finished it. Now I wait...

I hope everything works out for those who are still waiting for physicals/acceptances/ or degree plans. But, I cant say I wont be happy if someone gets bumped for not meeting the deadline. I just missed e5 by 5 points, so I need something to brighten my life, and a phone call from Ed would be amazing.

I was able to schedule my SAT's for next month though. Just in case...

BOaB

Talking about crunch time for those guys, I dont go until may and Im sweating the fact that my colleges are dragging there feet.

Yea, it sucks in a big way. Over Thanksgiving (when I couldn't do anything about it anyway) it was getting to the point where I wasn't sleeping more than 3-4 hours a night.

I got all my stuff turned in today from The Citadel though, so that's a big relief.

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee
Anybody else trying to go to Embry Riddle in Daytona beach?

I applied to there for a major in Aerospace Engineering. Still waiting for documents to be sent to them though. Do you know much about the school and the town? I haven't really been to Florida much.

dsimonds

Is there anyone thinking about going to the University of South Florida?

As far as maybe getting the degree plan done by the college a little faster....

1. Get a list of the courses required for the degree you are seeking
2. Find out what courses that you have already taken can be crossed of the list: CLEP, Courses completed underway, military training from smart transcript (sometimes can be used in the place of technical / non-technical electives, and may not help out until later in the degree program with some schmoozing to the Dean)
3. Don't forget to fit in the Navy requirements: Calc, Physics, Management, Leadership
4. Take all the classes and fill out on a sheet of paper seqeuncing them in for each semester for three years.
5. Have the guy / gal in charge of the STA-21 accessions at the University buy off on it.
6. Send it to P'cola

That's what I did a few years ago and it all worked out well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

NCIT1

Anyone on here a Selectee for the INTEL Option? I am a alternate, and wanted to see what my chances were of getting picked up. I am done with my Physical and Have been accepted to Two Colleges. Just curious if I did it all for nothing.

OscarMyers

None
I applied to there for a major in Aerospace Engineering. Still waiting for documents to be sent to them though. Do you know much about the school and the town? I haven't really been to Florida much.

I havent been there but heard lots of good things. About an hour from jax and hour from orlando.

davebomb25

Has anyone been deemed "Physically Qualified" for this years selectees? My status still says "pending BUMED review". With a Feb 21st class up date I am starting to get nervous about how much longer this can take....

Any prior selectees (for FEB class up date)out there that can shed some light on how long it took to get BUMED to qualify physicals? Was it after the holiday season?

My command is starting to ask me a lot of questions about this as well....

spu

Hey everyone. how often is it that an applicant doesn't get their first choice of school. I got one acceptance letter from the school I want, but no others. Should I be worried?