• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

jwac85

FY-11 STA-21 Pilot Applicant
The reason I brought the question up about alternates dropping is because I have orders to detach on OCT 13th to Pensacola for intructor duty. If I were selected as an ALT, and I accepted, then I would have to drop the orders. It seems like a no-brainer to accept the program as an ALT, but Instructor Duty is something that I have been working towards as well. If anyone has any words of wisdom, they'd be appreciated.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The reason I brought the question up about alternates dropping is because I have orders to detach on OCT 13th to Pensacola for intructor duty. If I were selected as an ALT, and I accepted, then I would have to drop the orders. It seems like a no-brainer to accept the program as an ALT, but Instructor Duty is something that I have been working towards as well. If anyone has any words of wisdom, they'd be appreciated.

If you get accepted, you will have some time to get your stuff together. Alternates are required to submit the same items as regular selectees (physical, degree plan, etc.), and are then notified if their name comes up for consideration. You shouldn't have to drop your instructor orders if selected, you will just PCS while waiting to find out (I deployed once notified of selection and then left the boat early). It sucks for the command that you are reporting to, but hey, it's your career.

If you are selected as an alternate, and don't want to take the risk of losing your spot in P-cola, then there is always next year man.

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Log-in Problems

Hey I was having problems with logging in too. I had to use a computer at work with a CAC reader in order for the site to verify my certs. I suggest that.

S8G2F18

Well that's good. Turns out I've never logged into a computer with a CAC reader on it and don't know how to. If anyone figures out how to do this without CAC please let me know.

OscarMyers

None
Yeah I needed a CAC card to log on last week, but now its not even working on my CAC enabled machine. Maybe theyre uploading the data to their server for the boards?

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
Does anyone have a link to a good form for the degree plan? I have a meeting with a university dean so we can setup my degree plan, and I figured there was probably some kind of form the navy would want it to be on if I get selected.
Thanks for any help and good luck to everyone!

haubby

None
Contributor
Does anyone have a link to a good form for the degree plan? I have a meeting with a university dean so we can setup my degree plan, and I figured there was probably some kind of form the navy would want it to be on if I get selected.

If you pm your email address I will send you the form.

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10

When I was accepted to my university one of the steps was to contact the degree advisor and they used their standard form. As for a standard Navy form I have not found one.

jake954

SUNY Maritime College use to have some decent ones specifically for STA-21 candidates. I don't think they are on the website but if you pm me with your email address I'll send you what they had. I had another from the Citadel for Electrical Engineering that I can send you as well. Other than that not sure of any decent ones on line.

etspike

Meant to post this when I found out: Ugh.

On 16Aug they posted that I won't get any points for my AA because it's not on my SMART yet (just got it in June and NCO is dragging their feet) and I didn't get point for SW/AW because I didn't provide certificate documentation.

My divo's reaction was pretty funny though. First she was saying, "Not certified, that's what the frickin ETJ is for" and then she had choice words about organization after she asked me when the deadline for document submission was.

Now I'm stuck in super-anxious-wait mode for the STA-21 results, my college applications AND the E-5 results.

jwac85

FY-11 STA-21 Pilot Applicant
Have any previous applicants have to get an order mod so that they can await the results from the board? I'm supposed to detach OCT 11th.

OscarMyers

None
Ive been in contact with oklahoma university and they seem to be a very military friendly school. Just get in contact with the department your considering and they will take a look at your smart.

EM3

FY10 Core Selectee

Pretty sure that there is a sample form for degree plan in the 09 Selectee/Alternate package on the sta21 homepage. Check it out.

S8G2F18

As soon as someone gets the results for this year, please PM them to me. Last year they were out here before I found out from the command.

Thanks.